Spore: Galactic Adventures | Teen Ink

Spore: Galactic Adventures MAG

August 8, 2009
By julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon
17 articles 17 photos 223 comments

Favorite Quote:
The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.


“Galactic Adventures” is the first expansion pack for “Spore,” and it offers many new opportunities to players. In the original game, your creature ascends through evolution to become the pilot of a space ship. You fly through space and explore planets and do missions for alien empires. The catch is that your creature is never visible. All you see is the ship.

However, with the “Galactic Adventures” expansion, you can beam your space captain down to planets and do missions ranging from intense action to peaceful diplomacy. Your captain can unlock and get suited up with all new equipment like missile launchers and jet packs. As if that wasn't enough, you can create your own planets and adventures as well!

Decide on everything from landscape to atmospheric density, temperature, and abundance of flora. Then you can add creatures, buildings, objects, and flora (watch out for the complexity meter, which stops you from overloading your world).

You can also put your character on an allied team or one of three enemy teams. Create its movement as well: make it stand still, wander the world, or patrol a set area.

After you've perfected your planet, make missions by setting goals for your space captain. Once you've set up an adventure, you can test it and experience your world first hand. If you create an online spore account, you can share adventures with others and get feedback.

There is lots more to “Galactic Adventures,” so if you think it sounds interesting, buy it (you'll need the original “Spore” too). Happy playing!


The author's comments:
Platforms: PC, Mac