guild wars 2 review | Teen Ink

guild wars 2 review

March 1, 2023
By rorrynoel BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta
rorrynoel BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Guild wars 2 is a massive multiplayer online role-playing game. The game released on august 28th 2012 the game was an instant hit. The game had received a 9/10 on steam a 9/10 on Metacritic and a 9.5/10 on MMORPG.GG. The game has a vast and vibrant open world that can take upwards of thousands of hours to complete. The game also encourages you to explore every single nook and cranny the game has to offer. 
Guild wars 2 is one of the only massively multiplayer online games that allow you to play the base game for completely free which gives to access to hundreds of hours of content. If you do enjoy your time spent in the game, you also have the option to buy 3 expansions which will add even more content for you to play through. Other mmos such as world of warcraft make you pay a monthly subscription fee on top of the hefty price of their 9 expansions. Guild wars 2 has a player-based economy. The game also has a very vast crafting system. As well as each of the 5 races have their own personal story where your decisions do play a part in what happens in the game. Once you have played through the main story that’s when the game really opens up. Giving you access to raids, fractal dungeon. Guild wars also has the best mount system of any game in my opinion. The game has 10 main mounts raptor, springer, skimmer, jackal, griffon, roller beetle, warclaw, skyscale and siege turtle. All of these mounts have different special ability’s that can help with things such as map traversal, as well as these 10 mounts the game has thousands of skins for these base 10.