Shadowhunters | Teen Ink

Shadowhunters

By bo_olsen PLATINUM, Nampa, Idaho
bo_olsen PLATINUM, Nampa, Idaho

"I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good"

When I heard that Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments was going to be turned into a TV show, I was hardly excited. I loved the books, but book to movie (or TV show) adaptations usually mess everything up.

However, when I actually watched the TV show, I was not disappointed. Katherine McNamara (Clary Fray), Dominic Sherwood (Jace Herondale), Matthew Daddario (Alec Lightwood), Emeraude Toubia (Isabelle Lightwood), Alberto Rosende (Simon Lewis), and Harry Shum Jr. (Magnus Bane) were all outstanding in the parts they played.
At first, I was skeptical about Maxim Roy (Jocelyn Fairchild) and Isaiah Mustafa (Luke Graymark). Maxim Roy didn’t seem like a good actress at first, and certainly not right to play Jocelyn Fairchild. Isaiah Mustafa was at first not someone I liked as Luke, but I ended up enjoying his character.

The plot, however, was twisted strangely. For no reason whatsoever, Luke is made a police officer instead of a bookstore owner. Also (SPOILER ALERT) Jocelyn Fairchild is killed for no reason, Valentine (the bad guy) is (SPOILER ALERT) not killed and instead imprisoned.

I however love the show, and hope to see many more episodes.