superstore | Teen Ink

superstore

April 21, 2021
By millimeterdefeater BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta
millimeterdefeater BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
it aint over till its over


Superstore is a comedy based 5 seasons long tv series about how a college dropout finds a poster at a gas station saying that a superstore called cloud 9 was hiring so Jonah the drop out went for an interview and got the job. As he starts working there for a bit him and the floor supervisor Amy and Jonah start to develop small feelings for each other, but one thing is setting them apart, she is married and has a daughter. Jonah and all the other characters such as Sandra, assistant manager Dina, general manager glen, floor workers Mateo, Shyan, Justine, Marcus all love making fun of Amy for how her and Jonah aren't together. Amy’s marriage isnt at its best side at the moment and she and her husband are in marriage counseling but that didn’t seem to work so they got a divorce, this is shocking but almost exciting news for Jonah because Amy is single now and that means her marriage wouldn’t be in the way of them anymore. 
One thing I dislike about this show is that it is way to short and is lacking more episodes. Things I really enjoy about it are how Amy and Jonah have a secret love for each other and they think no one notices but everyone does. Another year goes by and the CEO of cloud 9 is going to there store for an interview to answer questions live on the news, but they have a plan to get back an old lady named Mertle her job back since she was recently let go. Their old district manager disguised up and went live asking uncomfortable questions about Mertle causing a blank in the CEO’s head, they had him at the point where the CEO made a deal, old district manager gets his job back or they hire Mertle back and at that moment they thought they achieved it until he accepted taking his job back instead of Mertle and that caused a huge outrage in the employees. After the interview the camera had been left on and Amy and Jonah were in the photo lab [the bang room they call it] and the camera showed a clear view of them, Amy said Joah why don’t we start over and then they proceeded to do it on live television in front of millions of people. They got suspended for three months after that. In all this show is very catching and if you start watching you wont tant to stop and before you know it your on the last season. 


The author's comments:

its on netflix and amazon prime video.