Brooklyn Nine-Nine | Teen Ink

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

By zoeyu BRONZE, Conroe, Texas
zoeyu BRONZE, Conroe, Texas

"Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder." - Rumi

It's Friday night. I get home from school and immediately turn on the television, disregarding my many homework assignments and ignoring the looming due dates. Tonight, trigonometry isn't on the menu; it's just me and Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Whether it's Hitchcock and Scully's dim-witted gimmicks, Captain Holt's hilariously monotone remarks, or Terry's love for yogurt, the characters of the dynamic Brooklyn Nine-Nine storyline never fail to make me laugh until my stomach physically hurts. Each episode is so finely crafted and flawlessly executed that the show is just like one big, dysfunctional family—in a good way, of course. The characters are portrayed so well that they seem to spring to life on screen. The pure friendship, diversity, tackling of social issues, intense police espionage, and swoon-worthy romances completely blow me away.

To sum it all up: Brooklyn Nine-Nine is the highest degree of technological innovations that humans can ever hope to achieve. 

Nine-Nine!