13 Reasons Why Review | Teen Ink

13 Reasons Why Review

By SpreadingLOVEnLIGHT BRONZE, Stockton, California
SpreadingLOVEnLIGHT BRONZE, Stockton, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"13 Reasons Why" was and could very well still be, a hot new popular show on Netflix. But should we really be watching it? Well, my vote is no. Here is why. I was constantly hearing people talk about the new show and how excited they were for new episodes to be released. One day, out of curiosity, I watched the first episode. Then another Then another. This cycle kinda continued from there. I was intrigued but I had a weird feeling about it. I felt in my gut that I probably shouldn't be watching it, based off of the content of the show, based off of my religious beliefs, morals, thoughts, and more. I think it was toward the end of the first season where I decided I was done. Darkness and evil was just saturating that show and leaking out of the screen. Sure, it was entertaining to watch and left you with some great cliff hangers, but that is not a good enough reason for me to spend my time watching something. I didn't just stop watching it because of the suicidal topic, because suicide is serious, it is common, it is real. But, the show was not really making it seem that way. Plus, the bad feeling alone was enough for me to stop watching it. I realize not everyone will agree but I just want to say, if you are saying, seeing, doing, teaching, or watching something, that you know is wrong or that just simply makes you feel funny, I urge you to stop.