Watertown Aquatic Center | Teen Ink

Watertown Aquatic Center MAG

By may530 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
may530 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

W

hen I was a child, my mom always took me to the Watertown Aquatic Center, and to this day, we spend much of our summer there because of what they have to offer. The aquatic center charges $4.00 per person for a day pass; children under one year get in for free. After you pay, you are directed to the locker rooms. In the girls locker room, there are no curtains or doors on the changing rooms, and I hope the center considers installing one or the other. Lockers only come in one size, but they are able to hold two to three of people’s supplies. There are bathrooms, showers, and hair dryers attached to the walls for children and adults of various heights. When you are ready to go to the pool, there is a spacious main hall you walk through to exit outside.

Walking out to the pool gives you excitement, knowing your time here will be well spent. The sun shines down, the sky is blue, and children are having the time of their lives. There is a grass hill for people to relax and enjoy the higher view of the aquatic center. There are two water slides – a large, curvy one on the left side of the pool area, and a small, speedy one at the deepest end of the pool. I highly recommend going down both if you are in favor of excitement. There is also a very bouncy diving board and a basketball net above water so teenagers and adults who feel active can play water basketball.

The Watertown Aquatic Center also includes a volleyball area, and the center provides the nets and balls. Teenagers who don’t feel the need to play water basketball or lay in the sun anymore can play volleyball with others.

The center has a great snack bar with reasonably priced food like nachos, pizza, slushies, chips, etc. The sitting areas are also nice; they have plants hanging from wooden structures that provide shade. There is a large variety of seating spaces, so even if it’s busy, you may can still find a place to set your food down and enjoy it. There is also a playground next to the food area for children to play on – which is helpful when the life guards whistle for everyone to leave the pool for a swimming break. During swim breaks, the life guards practice CPR and make safety checks. It’s good to know they keep these procedures fresh in their mind in case a troubling situation occurs.

Overall, the Watertown Aquatic Center is a really good place for families and friends to have fun. The center provide lots of activities and food, and it is also very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this place for any age, and the best time to go is on a sunny, warm summer day, when you feel the need to swim.