Most Recent Music Reviews

Here are the most recent music reviews:

Ramones by Ramones
Before The Clash, before the Sex Pistols, heck, even before punk itself exploded upon the mainstream, there were only the Ramones, who blatantly made their presence known with their astounding self-titled debut, Ramones. Packed with... (more »)
Waking Up by OneRepublic
A long, long time ago, for some reason or other, I bought the OneRepublic album Waking Up on Mom’s iTunes account without thinking twice about it, which shortly faded into the back of my memory. Fast forward three years or so and... (more »)
Californication by The Red Hot Chili Peppers This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Believe it or not, Californication, The Red Hot Chili Peppers’ heavily ambitious seventh studio album, proves that the band DOES have a certain degree of maturity in their stride…along with the usual funk-laden suggestive teasings... (more »)
Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay
OK, confession time: a long, long time ago, I used to listen to Coldplay (including most of the songs from this album) whenever I could. Riding in the back seat of my mom’s car and having these (at the time) delightful tunes pumped into my... (more »)
Dookie by Green Day This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It was the smash hit of the ’90s. Critics loved it. Christian rights groups loathed it. And of course, party-hard teenagers were irresistibly drawn toward it. Yes, it’s “Dookie,” Green Day’s hugely successful third... (more »)
It's About Us by Alex & Sierra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Before they won “The X-Factor USA,” the couple made waves during their audition with their smoky, shapeshifting cover of “Toxic” by Britney Spears. Alex & Sierra, or Alex Kinsey and Sierra Deaton, return with a... (more »)
dont smile at me by Billie Eilish This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Musical prodigy Billie Eilish was chosen as Apple’s “Up Next” artist at the age of 15, after releasing her debut EP “dont smile at me.” The album features songs ranging from hip-hop to R&B. All of the songs do... (more »)
3 comments
Hypocrites by Imani Coppola This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It’s unfair that every review of anything Imani Coppola has ever recorded starts off with a mention of her sole, two-decade-old hit “Legend of a Cowgirl.” She’s come so far lyrically and musically since then. Still a... (more »)
Born to Die by Lana Del Rey
And that’s where the beginning of the end begun. The lyrics of the last song gives way to the first, and in the end, Born to Die by Lana Del Rey is a circle of glamor, love, and misery. Before hitting notes of divinity on the slow,... (more »)
Elements by Kina Grannis This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
A veteran YouTube Creator, Kina Grannis has been one of the original voices of stripped pop music covers. With albums released since 2010, Grannis has continually drafted music of organic origins, that mixes in the soil and begins to sprout.... (more »)
Title (Deluxe) by Meghan Trainor This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Swinging into the scene with a brassy, “swervin’,” classy sound, Meghan Trainor arrives. In her debut album (after a 2014 EP of the same name), Title, Trainor’s voice shines without apology or hesitation. The songs will get you on your... (more »)
Perfect Velvet by Red Velvet This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
Powerhouse Kpop girl group Red Velvet came back in late 2017 for their third release of the year, this time gifting us their second full album “Perfect Velvet.” After a stellar start to 2017 with their mature “Rookie” EP... (more »)
Lust for Life by Lana Del Rey
You only live once and  living life is all that matters. Sometimes life can be hard, and throw you curveballs, but in the end what you make out of it is the final outcome.  Lana Del Rey really captured this concept in her new album... (more »)
Lust for Life by Lana Del Rey
Revival by Eminem
Eminem has released his ninth studio album after four years at the time of writing this; in this album Eminem talks about how his fame has affected him in good and positive ways. He talks about his ex wife, his daughters, to his late friend... (more »)
The Trill Of It All by Sam Smith
Three years ago Sam Smith published his first album. In the Lonely Hour, his first album, reached number two on the charts and sold over one hundred sixty-six thousand albums in one week. Sam clearly made himself proud. After In the Lonely Hour... (more »)