David Archuleta - | Teen Ink

David Archuleta - MAG

February 5, 2009
By Jillian SILVER, East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Jillian SILVER, East Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

David Archuleta’s self-titled debut album is one of those discs that never get old. If you are a fan of pop, soft ballads, or just good music to rock around your bedroom to, you will be starstruck.

The album opens with the chart-topping song “Crush.” If Archuleta’s voice hasn’t captivated you after that number, the next few will most certainly leave you wanting more.

Archuleta really brings “teen life” to his songs and speaks to his listeners about falling in love, the confusion of breaking up and, of course, “crushing,” which any teen can understand. Archuleta closes with the phenomenal “Angels,” originally sung by Robbie Williams. Slower tracks on the album (“You Can” and “To Be With You”) fit perfectly with the faster, more upbeat “Touch My Hand,” “Running,” and “Don’t Let Go.”

What makes us fall head-over-heels in love with this 17-year-old rising star? Is it his voice? His talent? His charm? Normally, I listen to classic rock radio stations; I grew up with the music my dad played in the car. I love bands like America and The Rolling Stones, so I never imagined I would love a pop singer like Archuleta. But his fantastic voice, upbeat attitude, and ­conservative values really draw teens – and their parents – to this sensational new album.

It doesn’t matter whether you are eight or 78: you will be able to relate to any song on the album. It’s worth your while to pick up a copy today.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 100 comments.


paige.<3 said...
on May. 5 2010 at 10:49 am

ohmygosh.

i absolutely lovelovelovelovelovelove "You Can."

it is the ultimate love song.

i also love this boy and this CD.

he is so good. :)


on Apr. 24 2010 at 8:15 pm
XemoxscreamoX BRONZE, Chicopee, Massachusetts
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Mhmm. Hahaa.!

Mhmm.! Exepct Some Of The Artists Who First Started Writing The Loves Songs Should Stick Too It. L)

on Apr. 6 2010 at 4:02 pm
shelbywearsprada33 BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
Ignorance Is NOT Bliss.

How can you like a "Musician" who doesnt even write most of his own songs?

on Feb. 18 2010 at 9:32 am
AngelForeverBleedingLove DIAMOND, Frederic, Wisconsin
65 articles 3 photos 248 comments

Favorite Quote:
You say you don't remember,
But I will never forget

David Archuleta is AMAZING! He sounds so good!!!! His song Touch My Hand is beautiful!

-Angel

on Jan. 10 2010 at 10:56 am
XxCrazyGurlXx SILVER, Whiteville, North Carolina
6 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Besides my fashion sense? I play a mean harmonica." -Fang (Maximum Ride)
"I never wanted a part like this in my life." -Demi Lovato on Camp Rock
"Pink isn't just a race or color, its an attitude." -Myself

I know what you mean! DAVID ARCHIE is so awesome! LOL Its a little hard to find a male artist that brings everything from looks to talent.

Lauraa BRONZE said...
on Dec. 28 2009 at 5:55 pm
Lauraa BRONZE, NJ, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I Love David Archuleta! Great article :)

p.s. Happy 19th Birthday to David!

on Nov. 22 2009 at 8:35 am
bennyB PLATINUM, Memphis, Tennessee
26 articles 0 photos 63 comments
pop music is not verry good I think singers should stop singing love songs since is getting old. they need to start singing something new

on Nov. 4 2009 at 2:41 pm
Thank you so much for your great feedback on my article! Thanks for reading!

cedwards said...
on Nov. 4 2009 at 5:52 am
I think this was great review on davids song. I like how you said, " I grew up with the music my ad played in the car." I was the same way so i know what you mean by " what makes us fall head- over -heels in love with this 17-year-old rising star?" You may not think you will like his songs but then you do and you can not figure out why. I think you gave great reasons for why David is a good signer.

sam93 said...
on Oct. 8 2009 at 9:47 pm
granted im not a big fan of american idol..david surprised me. im usually into alternative music but i listened to his cd and granted it is pop i fell in love with it

jFerragonio said...
on Oct. 8 2009 at 6:03 pm
I sbsolutely love this piece on David Archuleta. I think the author expressed amazing reasons why David is a good singer. I also enjoyed when the author encluded the part with all of the questions. It made you think of why David Archuleta is so appealing to young and older people.

on Aug. 25 2009 at 11:23 pm
I absolutely salute..to Archie ....He has the best attracting voice...that is why he is my no. 1 idol...thanks by the way for all those who support him...God Bless

NikkiFaith said...
on Jun. 6 2009 at 11:10 pm
David's music is awesome. He influences many younger singers to keep singing even if thier voices aren't mature. David has done alot to get where he now and all of his fans will agree. He may be young and his voice slightly mature but I mean who really cares, his voice is perfect for him! David's voice is amazing and mesmerizing. I love his music and his voice. He seems like a nice teen.

on Apr. 29 2009 at 9:03 pm
AnthonioOrtiz BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
" You can't always put life on hold, one day it will just hang up "

david archuleta is really awesome :)

on Apr. 15 2009 at 9:50 pm
hey_itskatelyn PLATINUM, Willis, Texas
21 articles 0 photos 217 comments

Favorite Quote:
“God, of your goodness, give me yourself; you are enough for me, and anything less that I could ask for would not do you full honour. And if I ask anything that is less, I shall always lack something, but in you alone I have everything”

David Archuleta. . . just the name makes tweens scream. He is such a truly amazing artist that is grouded in his faith. The album reflects his heart and innocence. I loved it before I read this article and I love him even more after! Awesome:)

francis said...
on Apr. 6 2009 at 10:08 pm
i really do love the album. in fact, i started looking for his album once the 2008 american idol was over. david has amazing voice! i love many of the songs. they keep me feeling "hopeful", since i am very far away from home. thanks:)

on Apr. 5 2009 at 8:02 pm
vickie freeman, Carrollton, Georgia
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
Thank you for recognizing a true artist. David has the ability to touch your heart and soul with his music. His album is on constantly in my car. I love this album. I hope others that have not bought it will go get it after reading your fantastic review.

Kumiko JW said...
on Apr. 4 2009 at 3:53 pm
YEs,that's totally true!David is such a different type of teen star

and that's refreshing=)I'm glad he's received numerous positive comments!



Way to go,Archie!Stay grounded^^

Pascalee said...
on Apr. 4 2009 at 12:37 pm
David's album is wonderful, but he has grown so much since he recorded it.. I am super anxious to hear more him! His live shows are amazing. The changes he makes on that stage take every song to a whole different level. He is a true artist and I am proud to call myself a fan for life!

Jillian SILVER said...
on Apr. 4 2009 at 12:48 am
Jillian SILVER, East Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments
Thanks so much guys for all your beautiful comments.

I agree with EVERYTHING you are saying! David's songs are so amazing. It is absolutely amazing that they are so clean and so uplifting. His music really makes you feel awesome. Not only is his music amazing, he is probably the most down-to-earth, sweet and caring guy in the world. I'm glad so many of you like him! What can I say, I'm a fangirl. (: