Screaming For Vengence by Judas Priest | Teen Ink

Screaming For Vengence by Judas Priest

January 16, 2016
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


By now, Judas Priest should be far from new. Judas Priest is one of the many legends of the metal universe and I think that they still stand by it today as one of the greats. Although, not the best of the NWOBHM scene, that would be Iron Maiden they are still here and ready to kick some butt. Having been around for over forty years, this is kind of an accomplishment for them.
Screaming For Vengeance is one of the fan favorites if the band along with British Steel, Hell Bent For Leather/Killing Machine, Sad Wings of Destiny and Painkiller. Having some pretty popular tracks and a very cool looking hellion as the album art is also a sign you're in for something special. We start the album with Hellion/Electric Eye, my first Judas Priest tracks, and from there, our journey begins. I personally like every track on here although my least favorites have to be Take These (Chains) and Devil's Child if you had to ask me. There are some great songs in here as like Fever, Riding On The Wind and the fan favorites on here. Plus, this was back in the 80s where cassettes somehow couldn't handle anything longer than 45 minutes so it isn't very long, as well as most of these tracks. Glen and K. K. Downing do done awesome shredding work on this as well and Rob Halford uses his high pitched, almost, screams a bit more especially in Scream For Vengeance, Riding On The Wind and to some extent, Electric Eye. The drums are also quick and not to hard to follow which is perfect for this album and he gets a drum solo in Riding On The Wind, kind of like the drum intro to Painkiller except that one had more time and more double bass kicks and thus, much faster. One of my favorites although so far, nothing beats Painkiller. Sorry.
I give this a 9/10. I am the Grim Reaper, signing off.


The author's comments:

Maiden and Priest in the same section completed. Alright so for Maiden, I plan to do Number of the Beast next and next for Judas Priest is Point of Entry.