Don't Panic by All Time Low | Teen Ink

Don't Panic by All Time Low

April 25, 2014
By BringMeThePiercedSiren PLATINUM, Fairfax, Virginia
BringMeThePiercedSiren PLATINUM, Fairfax, Virginia
24 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There's nothing like a sore stomach from laughing for all the right reasons."-Perks of Being a Wallflower


Maryland-born group All Time Low returns with Don’t Panic, their sixth and best album yet, once again under Hopeless Records. With a variety of dynamic sounds and different leads, this collection is something that ATL fans don’t want to miss. Lead vocalist Alex Gaskarth has a bit of a new sound; he’s dropped the “teen” out of the songs and adds some mellower and more mature tunes and themes. Fans will especially love “The Irony of Choking On a Lifesaver”; Jack Barakat and Zachary Merrick most certainly do not fail to add the verve and upbeat-punk sound as the bassists and guitarist (plus backup vocalists) of the band.

If you’re looking for a mixture of punk-pop and rock minus the ear-splitting screams, Don’t Panic is the way to go. This album finds a great balance between keeping their signature punk/emo-inflicted rock sound without being overly hardcore or frighteningly loud.

Overall, Don’t Panic is All Time Low’s best work yet and should not be overlooked.


The author's comments:
All Time Low is one of my favorite bands and SHOULD NOT BE OVERLOOKED!!