Pulp Fiction - Collector’s Edition Soundtrack | Teen Ink

Pulp Fiction - Collector’s Edition Soundtrack MAG

The “Pulp Fiction” collector's edition soundtrack is one of the best ever produced. We’ve all seen or heard of Quentin Tarantino’s 1994 film and can see its influence on pop culture since the movie is quoted constantly as well as endlessly imitated.

“Pulp Fiction,” starring John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson and Uma Thurman, is a modern classic and the soundtrack has become a classic in its own right. Much of the movie’s success and wide appeal (despite its graphic nature) can be attributed to its music. Tarantino uses music to complement the scenes in a way incomparable to any other movie. The highly acclaimed soundtrack is a definitive moment in pop culture.

The soundtrack brings back old 1950s surf music in a new way. I am not a big fan of this genre, but this soundtrack captures its essence in a riveting way. The first song, “Pumpkin and Honey Bunny/Misirlou,” immediately gets your attention and pulls you in for the rest of the journey. One real highlight is “Girl, You’ll Be A Woman Soon.” Originally a Neil Diamond classic, Urge Overkill’s take on the song is a classic of its own.

Another interesting aspect of this soundtrack is how it blends music with the movie’s dialogue. One can listen to it and understand the film’s message without ever seeing it. The collector’s edition features four new songs, including “Rumble” by Link Wray and His Ray Men. This song has been used in multiple films but is most memorable in “Pulp Fiction.” This soundtrack also includes a second disc, featuring an interview with Tarantino.

The use of music in the movie and on this two-disc masterpiece is the most entertaining, eye-opening experience you’ll ever have. I’ve never known a film’s soundtrack to have such an impact as this and I recommend it to anyone who wants to experience a different aspect of the most influential movie of the ’90s and a defining moment in pop culture.