“Stadium Arcadium” | Teen Ink

“Stadium Arcadium” MAG

The new Red Hot Chili Peppers album, “Stadium Arcadium,” is incredible. The tracks are polished and funky while maintaining their distinct sound. This is definitely a mark of growth for the band. Each song has a unique feel.

For example, “Snow” has a chill, flowing sound, yet RHCP still manage to rock it out. At the opposite end of the spectrum, “Hump De Bump” is drastically funk - a collaboration of styles. The trumpets add funk while remaining true to the band’s style. Then there’s “Finally,” a softer song that’s beautiful and poetic but, in true RHCP form, still rocking. Its bass line is out of this world, and its jungle beat makes “Finally” stand out from the rest of the album. The song “Dani California” is a great standard. It is distinctly RHCP but still shows growth. The song is smooth, finished, and fun.

With a two-disc album, it’s very ambitious to try to make every song a winner. Some are tired and generic and seem like fillers. Most songs are too long; this listener became bored by the end. A single disc might have been a better choice.

Despite the unnecessary length, the musicality remains unbelievable. The band’s style has finally reached a balance of music and lyrics with both being equally strong throughout. The lyrics are thoughtful and distinct while the music is complex and put together - a sign of growth from their previous albums.

In all, “Stadium Arcadium” is a huge success. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have grown and will continue to grow as they prove themselves legends.

mimi:) said...
this cd is the best red hot chili peppers cd ever!!! they really knew how to make it rock!!!