One Direction by One Direction is headed in the right direction! | Teen Ink

One Direction by One Direction is headed in the right direction!

By rosieposie GOLD, Fountain Valley, California
rosieposie GOLD, Fountain Valley, California

Singing their way into the hearts of teenage girls around the world, British-Irish boy band One Direction’s recent US release of their new album Up All Night has extended their popularity across the pond, creating a hysteria reminiscent of Beatlemania.

One Direction, a group created by Simon Cowell, is comprised of former X-Factor contestants Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan. Embarking on this journey as strangers, the boys have grown so close as to have formed brotherly bonds.

Already having released the hit single “What Makes You Beautiful” in the US, One Direction has had a large fan base long before the current release of their new album. Due to this ingenious marketing strategy, anticipation for Up All Night has been mounting ever since.

All thirteen songs live up to their expectations, creating a compilation unlike anything else on the market; even at first, each song has just the right composition, sounding as though it must already be a hit on the airwaves. When discussing the sound of Up All Night, band member Zayn Malik described it as “anthemic,” a word which absolutely encompasses the emotions experienced when listening to this masterpiece and trying to resist enthusiastically dancing in public. Never failing to elevate my mood, listening to this album is pure joy.

But not only are the boys of One Direction breathtaking singers, they also co-wrote several songs on the album, including “Taken,” “I Want,” “Everything About You,” and “Same Mistakes.”

The Limited Yearbook Edition includes an extra two songs, stickers, bios, pictures, and lyrics which are a great deal for so many wonderful extras at only $15. This deal is too good to miss out on.

A recent addition to the 1D family and self-proclaimed Directioner, the everlasting hype that is One Direction has spread like a virus, and their album, Up All Night, is nothing less than impressive. To anyone who has not already done so: pick up a copy of One Direction’s new album Up All Night at your local Target or on iTunes; you won’t regret it!