Goodbye Lullaby by Avril Lavigne | Teen Ink

Goodbye Lullaby by Avril Lavigne

By Ian Trutt GOLD, Stockbridge, Georgia
Ian Trutt GOLD, Stockbridge, Georgia

Centered around Lavigne's divorce from Deryck Whibley, "Goodbye Lullaby" is full of melancholy and longing. She allows her emotions to flow in order to create some of her most beautiful music since "Under My Skin." The songs "Push," "Everybody Hurts," "Darlin," and thee phenomenal conclusion "Goodbye" are reminiscent of her second album's "Nobody's Home" and "Fall To Pieces" (my favorite). The album is almost solely written by Lavigne and produced in collaion with her band, long-time associate Butch Walker, Evan Taubenfeld, Max Martin and Shellback. The deluxe edition features the hidden track "Alice," three acoustic versions of album tracks, and Lavigne's cover of "Bad Reputation" (which is powerful enough to make the listener wonder if she could be related to Joan Jett). There is also a DVD featuring the makings the "Goodbye Lullaby."

Track List [Deluxe Edition]:

Black Star
What The Hell
Push
Wish You Were Here
Smile
Stop Standing There
I Love You
Everybody Hurts
Not Enough
4 Real
Darlin
Remember When
Goodbye
Alice
What The Hell (acoustic)
Push (acoustic)
Wish You Were Here (acoustic)

Schmemmy said...
on Apr. 19 2011 at 11:36 am
I can see that you're enthusiastic about Avril (I am too), but this doesn't really express the full potential that the article could have. I could not even see where you were headed with this article. The track list was unneccessary. If you were to express your views clearly and concisely, perhaps go in depth on some of the songs or the feel of the album, then it would be amazingly awesome.