Top Ten Back-to-School Rockin' Tunes | Teen Ink

Top Ten Back-to-School Rockin' Tunes

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

As we all know, the 2009 school year is starting. Which means tests, pop quizzes, and study hall, but who says school has to be boring when you have some awesome music to listen to. So, here's a list of my top ten back-to-school rockin' tunes.
1. "Spotlight (Twilight Remix)" by Mutemath. It has a great up-tempo that makes you wanna get up and dance. Definitely put this on this year's prom playlist!!!! It makes you feel totally good inside, and you never want it to end. You can find this on the Twilight soundtrack.
2. "Falling Down" by Selena Gomez and the Scene. This is another great song that you can totally rock out to. It's pop/hip hop sound with an underlying rock tone definitely makes this song the dance jam that it is. It has extremely creative lyrics, and you'll be playing it over and over again. You can find this track on the Selena Gomez and the Scene's debut album. Don't forget to check out the music video for "Falling Down."
3. "Here We go Again" by Demi Lovato. Another great hit by this teen idol. It's a song that you'll definitely want to rock out to!!! It's a heart grabbing song that has a wonderful beat and great lyrics. Don't forget to check out this track on Demi's new album "Here We go Again," and don't forget to check out the amazing music video for this amazing song.
4. "Where are You Now" by Honor Society. This is a great song that has a very heart-grabbing feel to it. It's also perfect for the back-to-school rockin' play list since the song's main subject is about remembering all of the great times that you had in high school. Wonderful guitars on this song; it's very guitar driven. You can find this song on the "Band Slam" soundtrack and on Honor Society's debut album "Fashionably Late." Be sure to check out the great music video for this great song.
5. "Workin' for the Weekend" by Loverboy. A great oldie that wil have you and your parents rockin' out!! This has a great good-feel tune to it, and it'll be one of your ultimate favorites for sure. This is a great song that will definitely make you forget all about that five page history report that's due on Monday.
6. "If Today was Your Last Day" by Nickelback. A great song that has a really great message behind it. It's about doing everything that you want to do in this lifetime and to help people while you're doing those things. It has great lyrics that really express the song's message with a great beat backing it.
7. "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins. Not only is this the theme song for one of the most memorable and critically acclaimed movies of the 1980's, but it was also a hit all in itself. A great, fun up-beat song. It'll have you dancing from beginning to end. Another great song for your prom playlist.
8. "Cross the Line" by Superchick. This is a song that you can really rock out to. A wonderful up-beat tempo with a great rock feel to it. Includes great lyrics that share a wonderful message. You can check out this and many more rockin' tunes from Superchick on their new album "Rock what You Got."
9. "Heart of Rock 'n Roll" by Huey Lewis and the News. The fusion of sixty's and eighty's sounds really made it a huge hit for Huey Lewis and the News in the 1980's. it's a fun, up-beat song that takes you from the trend-setting scene of L.A. to the cool rocker world of New York City. The trumpets and guitars really give it a really nice flair. it'll be one of your favorites for sure.
10. "Keep it Real" by the Jonas Brothers. This is a great up-tempo song, and you'll never want it to end!!! It has a lot of fun, interesting flavor to it, and the trumpets really make the song the smash hit that it is. It has wonderful lyrics that really bring out the message of just being yourself no matter how famous you are. This is a perfect track to rock out to.
So, there you have it. Your top ten back-to-school rockin' tunes. From rockin' new hits to classic oldies, there's a tune for anybody and everybody to listen to on this list. I hope you enjoy these and many more tunes this school year, and congratulations to this year's graduating class of 2010!!!!!! Enjoy!!!