DS4EVER By: Gunna Album Review | Teen Ink

DS4EVER By: Gunna Album Review

By teddymurray BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
teddymurray BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey

The new long awaited album, DS4EVER by Gunna released on January 7th, 2022, instantly became a top 10 ten album of the year. The album consisted of 20 songs, with 9 of them containing features from some of the top Hip-Hop artists like Lil Baby, Future, and Drake. Since its release, tons of songs from the album have turned out to be an instant success. The song that has been going the most viral is “Pushing P” featuring Young Thug. This song has now created the culture of addressing things as “P” or “Not P”. When the song was first released listeners did not really understand the meaning of “P”. Then, after a radio show interview Gunna stated, “If I wake up, and my backyard is a beach, that’s P.” Then again he says, “You can also use it in other ways like, Ight man, I don’t like how he did that, that wasn’t P.” After saying the phrase, it creates its own meaning depending on how the person intended on using it. This has caused a big influence on the so-called “rap culture” and has become very popular because of his listeners. 

On the other hand, other songs on the album that have arisen in popularity are, “P Power” featuring Drake, “alotta cake”, and “too easy (Remix)” featuring Future and Roddy Rich. All of these songs have also continued to spark popularity on many social platforms like TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram. On these platforms, you can observe tons of videos of people dancing to the songs and using the phrases “Not P” and “P”. Overall, I give the album “DS4EVER” a rating of 9 out of 10 because of how enjoyable it is to listen to.