The Yellow Tape: $tupid Young | Teen Ink

The Yellow Tape: $tupid Young

June 11, 2019
By Sendzei GOLD, Sacramento, California
Sendzei GOLD, Sacramento, California
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." - Carol Burnett


Can Asians rap? There’s a few that can rap and some that can’t. Alex Pham, whose stage name goes by $tupid Young is one of the first few Asian gangster rapper that blew up after a song he featured with Mozzy on the song name “Mando.” This song has 29 million views on youtube and ever since then, $tupid Young music views started to hit 100k or more as he collab with others.


Young has also collabed with another fellow Asian gangster rapper from Stockton, CA name “On Me.” They both are crips while Young is from Long Beach, CA. Young is Cambodian and MBNel is Filipino. These two Asian Gangster Rappers have made a album together called “The Yellow Tape.”


The Yellow Tape has about 6 songs together in the album. In my opinion, the album talks about what they go through and what they are about. Not only that, it’s basically about what will happen if they don’t got nothing with them like a weapon then their homies would pull up asap and etc.


These two are my favorite Asian gangster rappers as of right now because they are pushing out music and they are putting us Asians on the map even though they are not from Sacramento, We are still Asians from the West Coast. My favorite music from the both album would be “ON ME” because the beat is nice and so are the lyrics. The song is basically about how they are always strapped up and they are always ready to bust if they ever need to.


The author's comments:

I am asian myself.