Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die by Panic! At The Disco | Teen Ink

Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die by Panic! At The Disco

By red08 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
red08 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

You might’ve heard of Panic! At The Disco when you were going through your alternative rock phase or maybe you never have. Panic! At The Disco isd a band that was created in 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The band originally was with  Brendon Urie, Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith and Brent Wilson however, it now only consists of one official member which is Brendon Urie. Panic! At The Disco has focused on different types of genres such as, pop punk, pop rock synth-pop, etc.

The album ‘Too weird to Live, Too Rare To Die’ was released on October 8, 2013.  This album focused on the genres pop, pop punk, synth-pop, electropop, dance-pop and alternative pop. The album consists of 10 songs in which Brendon Urie, the lead vocalist, participated in the writing of all the songs.

The album first starts with the song “This Is Gospel”. My first impression of this song was that the lyrics were very powerful. For example, “Don’t try to sleep through the end of the world”. I believe that this song is trying to encourage someone to keep going with their lives. I also enjoyed the way the singer gave emotion song, it really helped display what the lyrics were trying to convey to the person listening to the song.

The next song on the album is “Miss Jackson (feat. Lolo). I would actually say this song is my favorite song in the entire album for multiple reasons. One reason is that the chorus is very catchy and it made me really want to sing (which in the end I did end up doing so). Not only that, but it is a song that I can listen to in any mood which is very convenient.

The third song on the album is “Vegas Lights”. Truthfully, this song took me a few listens to get fully into it. I would have to say the main reason is that the beginning of the song was very strange to me. To me it sounds like children singing which really caught me off guard because that is not how I would expect it to start. However, now when the song starts you can catch me practically screaming the beginning of the song. The rest of the song makes me want to jump and dance. Overall, I would listen to this song if I was in a good mood because it makes me want to dance and it makes me happier.

The fourth song on the album is “Girl That You Love”. This song is one of my least favorite songs in this album. Now there is multiple reasons as to why I do not like this song. I feel like this song does not belong in this part of the album but until the end. The reason I think this is because the songs before this are more dance like while this one is a bit slower since there is not as much build up like the others.

The next song on the album is “Nicotine”. This song is one of my favorite songs in the album. I would have to say that it is because of the introduction of the song and perhaps the execution of the high notes in the song. The beginning of the song makes me want to dance. The song is also very catchy to me and of course made me sing along.

The sixth song on the album is “Girls/Girls/Boys”. This song is also one of my favorite songs. This song’s theme is very interesting to me because of its focus on sexuality. I decided to read an interview about this song to get a bit more context on this song. In his interview with NPR,  he states, “ that it's important to know who you are, to be able to be proud of that, and have the courage behind your convictions”. I believe this song gives a really good message towards the youth because a lot of the youth is confused on who they are and looking up to people who they admire can help them. The song in general makes you want to sing along.

The seventh song is “Casual Affair” which is a song I really enjoy listening to. It is a song that makes me want to dance to because of the beat of the song. I really like the beginning of the song because it sounds very futuristic.

The eight song is “Far Too Young To Die”. I really like this song because of the beat at the beginning of the song. I also really like a bit of the meaning of the song which is to live your life at the moment which I thought was very important because some people just focus on the future.

“Collar Full” is the ninth song on the album. “Collar Full is a song full of excitement to me. Since, the beginning of the song you can sense a really good beat, that really just gives a positive ambiance when listening to it.

The final song of the album is “The End of All Things”. This song is perfect for the end of it because it is calm unlike the others. After listening to songs that makes excited and want to dance, you need something to calm you down and this is is the perfect way to calm down.

Overall, would I recommend this album? The answer is yes with exception of one song which you can easily skip. Listening to this album from start to finish will let you go through a series of overwhelming positive emotions. Now go give it a try now.

Parkland Speaks

Smith Summer

Wellesley Summer