Most Recent Movie Reviews

Here are the most recent movie reviews:

Blank Panther
For decades, America has seen many different superheroes, however, these superheroes lack diversity. A titular hero was recently created and came to life on February 16, 2018. This film, Blank Panther, gave African Americans a character to look... (more »)
The Theory of Everything
"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."   - Stephen Hawking This sincere quote is what Stephen Hawking lived by through many decades of his treacherous battle with motor neuron disease,... (more »)
A Quiet Place
By ,
A Quiet Place is a horror movie released on April 6th, 2018, and was directed by John Krasinski, who is an American actor famously known as Jim Halpert from an American tv show "The Office." The main character in the movie, Lee Abbott, is played... (more »)
Love, Simon This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“Love, Simon,” although appearing to be just another teenage romance film, actually represents another important step towards acceptance. This is the first time a major film studio has produced a movie centered around a gay teen.... (more »)
Ready Player One
I went to see Ready Player One, expecting a lot of CGI fight scenes, battles between all kinds of classic and new game characters, and a fast-paced tale of the future of gaming. I was not disappointed. The movie began with an unusual image of... (more »)
The Big Sick This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
A young Pakistani comedian finds himself falling in love with an American woman, but they fall out when cultural differences collide. Then everything gets more complicated when she has to be put in a medically induced coma. Kumail Nanjiani... (more »)
Wonder Woman
Over the summer I went to the theater and watched a movie- Wonder Woman. It sounds like a childish movie but I really enjoyed it because it was one of the first, popular movies that featured the main character as a woman. I believe that the... (more »)
King Kong (1933)
In 1933, the original King Kong film hit the silver screen featuring some pretty heavy genres: adventure, sci-fi, and horror.  It was a sensational film that went as far as to add in a romantic storyline not only between an attractive... (more »)
Lu Over The Wall
If you’re an anime nut like me, you’ve probably already heard of the upcoming Lu Over The Wall. In fact, you might even be literally counting the days until it hits select theaters around the country in May. Therefore, you will probably be... (more »)
Miracle Season
Imagine one night playing a volleyball game, and having a party with your friends.  Out of nowhere, the worst thing imaginable happens.  In the movie “Miracle Season,” that’s exactly the case.  Caroline Found,... (more »)
Moana
By , Amery, WI
The movie Moana has a great story line and morals to walk away from the movie with.  The movie is placed on a fictional island in the Pacific Ocean, 3,000 years ago.  The main character is a 16 year old girl named Moana; plus an... (more »)
Patrick
Dear Patrick, When first meeting your character you were very distant;as the movie continued,you changed.When Charlie didn’t have any friends, you welcomed him with open arms. You have your own goofy and loving group of friends who... (more »)
Tomb Raider
I have not played the original Tomb Raider games, and haven’t played the latest. I sadly do not have the money or the time, but I did play the 2013 game, Unfortunately enough, that is what the new Tomb Raider movie is based on. Having... (more »)
"Lady Bird"
By , Washington , DC
In “Lady Bird”, written and directed by Greta Gerwig, starring Saoirse Ronan whom gives a look into the life of a teen girl with the pressures of college, her relationship with her mother and the changing bond she has with her... (more »)
Okja This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Okja” is an action movie filled with adventure and heartwarming scenes. It takes you on a journey from South Korea to New York along with Mija and her best friend – the super pig named Okja. Ten “super... (more »)
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
One abandoned video game console. Four curious high schoolers in detention. “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” tells the adventurous story of four teens sucked into the mystical board game turned video game Jumanji and forced... (more »)