Clue the Movie 1985 | Teen Ink

Clue the Movie 1985

By Midnightwolf1987 BRONZE, Hemet, California
Midnightwolf1987 BRONZE, Hemet, California

"Even though it seems that life is short, it is the longest objective you will ever encounter!"

This movie was so interesting in the sense that it was a comedy drama along with a mysterious feel of dark humor. This film was made in 1985 by the director Jonathan Lynn who had also directed Nuns on the Run, My Cousin Vinny, and The Fighting Temptation. But this movie had appealed to my interest in the dark humor that can be expressed from a simple board game.

All of the characters were hit with blackmail. Who was the man responsible for these horrid secrets? Well, none but the man Mr. Boddy acted out by Lee Ving. All of the characters in this ‘game’ had been connected with the government by some accord and each of them had their own dirty little secret. All ranging from a ‘private’ work scandle to a man claiming his homosexuality. Mr. Boddy thrived to drain out their secrets to the world, until the lights went out, gunshots rang, and the creams of women filled the air. Once the lights went back, there was the dead body of Mr.Boddy. Now the rest of the ‘game pieces’,  Mrs. Peacock, Wadsworth, Mrs. White, Professor Plum, Colonel Mustard, Miss Scarlet, and Yvette must find the murder. But who could it be among themselves?

Wadsworth was acted by Tim Curry an excellent choice I would say. Wadsworth by far was one of my favorite characters, compelling, interesting, and quite intelligent. The butler, it’s always the butler isn't it? But maybe he isn’t, maybe it is. Anyways, Wadsworth was the man who unravel all of the secrecy in the end movie, because he was the only one who stayed observant throughout the sequences.

Colleen Camp had captured the seducing role of the maid, Yvette who acted as a crucial part to this plot development in the end. Even though she looked innocent-not really but let’s just say she did- she had such a turn point in the movie that had made me feel more suspicious as to what her true intentions were.

Mrs. Peacock acted by Eileen Brennan, was my least favorite out of the bunch of characters. All I really need to explain is that she screams. Alot. But it makes sense, I mean, who wouldn't scream when a dead body is tossed onto you when you just want to use the restroom. Heh, am I right? She was dramatized perfectly to end with, her actions, makeup, and the way she styled resembled an over reactive(dramatic) person.

The rest of the actors, all of them, had been beautifully casted in the roles they were induced to play in. Each one had a significant trait that had been used against them, which had led to their downfall to end.

I was so surprised by the endings! It was peculiar to see the different views of the story ending, which were three together. This director had been quite smart when he inputted a small change to this ‘game’. I really did enjoy it so much. And it’s possible that there could have been more than just one ending in the end, but it’s for me to choose and for the director to know the real one. Which was revealed as the last ending, but is it really the true ending?

So, what shall you say should be your decision? Who had killed Mr. Boddy?

I give this movie a 5 star rating on the exceptional cast, the spooky feeling, and the mysterious way this board game had impacted my life. Keep watch, look around, you never know what clue you could find.

I wrote this review by simple coincidence. I was watching tv with my brother and just decided to watch this film, and it easily captured my interest by how dark humored it is.