Finding Nemo | Teen Ink

Finding Nemo

November 17, 2016
By ShaunaRubin BRONZE, Stratham, New Hampshire
ShaunaRubin BRONZE, Stratham, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Finding Nemo tells the tail of a father clownfish who has to travel the world to find his son Nemo after he gets caught by humans and taken to Sydney, Australia. It is a thrilling movie that captivates the audience from the very beginning by showing its vibrant colors of coral and fish and dropping you right into the action.
All of the visuals were impeccable, whether it be the rays of the sun reflecting through the ocean like waves, or the darker water in the depths of the ocean. It created picture perfect scenes that made it feel as though you were sitting in the middle of the ocean. If you reached out your hand to touch the screen you’d be feeling the warm ocean water covering your hand like a blanket.


The special effects in each scene were small but all added up to create a marvelous scene. Even if it was just a small pebble resting on the ocean floor, a bubble floating up to the surface in the background, or a slightly discolored scale on a fish. Although it is cartoon, it doesn’t appear to be when no animals are in the scene because the background was so clearly represented.


Apart from the visuals, the different adventures that the father experienced throughout his journey was somewhat comical but also very entertaining to just relax with a bag of popcorn and watch with family. The cast spoke with such passion, you could hear the pain the father felt through his hoarse, raspy tone. The innocence of poor Nemo was well exemplified by his adorable, high pitched child voice. In conclusion, Finding nemo is a very enjoyable movie that captures the audience's attention from the very beginning by drawing them in with mind blowing visuals.