Stuck In Love | Teen Ink

Stuck In Love

By Lanimal SILVER, Thornton, Colorado
Lanimal SILVER, Thornton, Colorado

"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."
-Edmund Hillary

Logan Lerman? Nat Wolff? Being a teen girl with the weakness of attractive male celebrities, those names caught my eye before I even saw the title. Little did I know that I was in for a cinematic journey that had little to do with just a couple pretty faces (but let's be honest - they were a major plus).

Bill Borgens (Greg Kinnear), a well-known author, struggles to find peace after a heartbreaking divorce with his wife, Erica (Jennifer Connelly). Meanwhile, their children Rusty (Nat Wolff) and Sam (Lily Collins) face their own challenges of young adulthood. Each of their stories tie into each other beautifully, coming together for a tear-jerking climax and a heartfelt ending.

When watching a movie like this, I would normally advise you to bring tissues. However, the comedy complimented the emotional moments in such a way that laughs far outweighed the tears. In fact, I chuckled along to the entire movie, surprised that a story with such depth could contain hilarity as well.

Kinnear's performance was simply outstanding, and my absolute favorite of all the actors - which is saying something, when two very good-looking young adult males exist in the same movie. That being said, every actor played their role spectacularly. I especially loved Lily Collins, as her ability to portray a wide range of emotions in a short amount of time gave her character more depth than I could imagine.

"Stuck in Love" appeals to all demographics: young, old, rich, poor . . . you name it. It is such a wonderful portrayal of a broken family that everyone can find something to relate to - so I encourage you to pop in the DVD, grab a bowl of popcorn, and find that something for yourself.

Genre: Comedy, Drama
Director: Josh Boone
Stars: Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, Nat Wolff, Lily Collins, Logan Lerman