Neighbors | Teen Ink

Neighbors

May 12, 2014
By Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
40 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Why so serious?" -Heath Ledger as The Joker

"BOOST!" -Welsh Dragon Armor; High School DxD


There were some images in this movie that I thought I'd never see. Seth Rogen and Zack Effron partying together: never thought of until now.
Neighbors. When I first saw the trailer for this movie, I thought it'd be a simple little comedy with a little raunchy humor and a fun story. After seeing this movie; I was pretty much right. This movie was practically what it seemed in the trailer, but with a little less detail.
First of all; this movie has some really raunchy humor that is not meant for kids. Second; is stars Seth Rogen and Zack Effron. At least those are the two actors whose names you know well enough. There are a few other stars from other movies in here, but theirs names never seem to stick with me.
The basic premise is that Seth Rogen's character and his wife and newborn daughter get some new noisy neighbors: Zack Effron and his fraternity. They throw parties every night so that they can prepare to throw the ultimate bash to get their picture on the 'wall of party', or something like that. It's a wall with pictures of their ancestors in fraternities creating parties like the toga party and beer pong. That idea alone is hilarious, but meanwhile; Seth and his wife are trying to get rid of them because new baby plus loud noise equals parental headaches.
Now let's get to the meat of the movie; the comedy. This is that kind of comedy that ranges between 'haha' funny to 'OMG, why did they do that' comedy. The way Seth Rogen and Zack Effron play off of each other as they swap between friend and foe is priceless. And the various pop cultural references, like Seth and Zack debating which batman is better, made me laugh my butt off.
Overall, this was a stupid funny popcorn movie. The movie is stupid no doubt, but it's that kind of funny stupid that we all love to watch. I'd rate this movie as a 3 out of 5; hilarious idiocy. So have you seen Neighbors? If so, what'd you like and dislike about it? Comment below and let me know. And you know the rest. Bye bye.


The author's comments:
Another Seth Rogen movie? Okay.