Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Teen Ink

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

By Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"Why so serious?" -Heath Ledger as The Joker

"BOOST!" -Welsh Dragon Armor; High School DxD

I know I should review the Avengers or Thor 2 or Iron Man 3 before I do this one, but I just saw it and I have to say something!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier!
A sequel to Captain America 1/stand alone movie for Avengers Phase 2. Chris Evans returns as captain America, and for those of you who heard rumors about him quitting MARVEL; he has another 6 contracts he has to fulfill first. So he'll be around until maybe phase 3 of Avengers, so don't worry. Scarlett Johansson is rocking a new hairstyle in this movie, and it looks good. It took a few minutes for me to adjust to it but I liked it. I won't spoil who the winter Soldier is for those of you who haven't read the comics, or seen the show. I'm doing this because when I was in the theater , I heard everyone in the theater gasp when the revealed his identity. I saw the show so I know who it was, so I won't spoil that for you guys (even though it's kind of obvious).
The story in this movie is awesome. For those of you who saw the trailer, Cap is working for S.H.I.E.L.D. but he doesn't like therir methods. After a few unfortunate events, CAp becomes a fugitive from S.H.I.E.L.D. and tries to do what he does best: save the world. That's the best description I can give without spoiling too much. I will say that there were a few scenes where I almost cried and some other scenes where my heart skipped a beat. Yes, there are a few scary scenes in Captain America 2. Not 'Evil Dead' scary, but it gave you chills.
Falcon is also in this movie and he is awesome. He's always making quips when things get tense, or to lighten the mood. The wings that he has kicks ass. But, I still want Cap's shield. I'm not kidding. When you watch Cap smack around goons and rebound off of walls and surfaces, I swear you will say or think: "I want that shield." I said that about five times throughout the film and twice once it was over.
The Winter Soldier is a badass. He is intimidating and you feel sorry for him when the truth is revealed. HE's an assassin with a robotic arm, and he puts it to good use. There's a scene where he tosses a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent into a jet-turbine. It's not as bad as an alien bursting out of your chest, but seriously: ow. Just like the other pre-Avengers and post-Avengers films, there is a scene during the credits and...it blew my mind. It makes you wonder 'what the hell is going on'. Well that's what I wondered anyway. maybe it's just me since I haven't seen tHor 2. I don't know, but I will find Thor 2.
Nevertheless, Captain America 2 was funny, action-packed, a tad scary, and overall awesome! My only gripes about the movie were a few shaking camera action scenes, and the fact that the Winter Soldier wasn't in the movie that much. I don't think that there's enough of the Soldier in order to give him second billing. It should've just been called Captain America: F**k Yeah! But I still have to say that so far, Captain America is the best movie I've seen this year so far: maybe the best Avengers movie so far. Either way, see it if you haven't already because captain America: The Winter Soldier is...Awesometastic!
So have you seen Captain America 2? What'd you think about it? Comment below, let me know. Also I'll have a spoiler-full review after a couple of weeks. Bye-bye.

AMERICA x2!!!