The Butterfly Effect | Teen Ink

The Butterfly Effect MAG

"The Butterfly Effect" opens with the old saying that a butterfly flapping its wings in Asia can cause a hurricane halfway around the world. The movie puts this idea into action by telling the story of four children and all the terrible things that happen in their lives. When one finds a way to travel back in time, he realizes that he has found a way to change history. What he doesn't realize is that by changing the past, he also changes the future. When he reads entries of his journal, he is instantly jerked back to the memory he is reading.

The acting is astounding, and the writing phenomenal. The story, as far-fetched as it seems, becomes almost believable with the acting of Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smart. This film does seem to have an underlying theme: people should be happy with the way things are, because they could be worse.

The story is suspenseful throughout, and keeps your interest. I recommend "The Butterfly Effect" to anyone with a passion for suspense, romance, or thought-provoking themes.

This movie is rated R.

i love this so much!