Kick-Ass | Teen Ink

Kick-Ass

By Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia
Cyber-Skull PLATINUM, Norfolk, Virginia

"Why so serious?" -Heath Ledger as The Joker

"BOOST!" -Welsh Dragon Armor; High School DxD

With Kick-ass 2 right around the corner, I figured I'd give you guys this. What? It's like a tradition.
Kick-Ass! So Kick-ass is a sort of super hero parody that mutated into a hilarious franchise most of us know and love. So, what's the story? A guy named Dave Lizewski, played by Aaron Johnson, lives in a world like ours, where heroes only exist in comic books. And he's sick and tired of it. He orders a wet suit online, tries to help his fellow man, and summarily gets his ass kicked. As a result, he gets some metal plates put in him, and some f#cked up nerve endings and he's good as new. But he's not giving up. He saves one guy, and becomes an Internet sensation, which coincidental encourages other people to become heroes. However, these other heroes are a lot more violent. Hit Girl, played by Chloe Grace Moretz, and Big Daddy, played by Nicolas Cage, are aiming to take down a crime boss named Frank D'AMico, played by Mark Strong. Big Daddy has a score to settle with Frank because Frank framed him for something he didn't do, which got him sent to the big house. Big Daddy is taking down D'AMico's drug operations which makes Frank set his targets on a costumed freak: Kick-ass. So in order to get to Kick-ass, D'AMico's son Chris, played by Christopher Mintz-Plasse, becomes a hero called Red Mist in order to get close to Kick-ass. It's not your everyday super hero flick. You've got action, adventure, romance, suspense, and alto of comedy. Oh, not to mention the ass load of swearing. Like This is the End, this film is rated R for a reason. It's funny, awesome, and it kicks ass. So, in other words, Kick-ass is...Awesometastic!
So have you seen Kick-ass? Are you going to see Kick-ass 2? Comment below and let me know. Check out my other reviews if you like. Bye-bye.