12 Dogs of Christmas 2; Great Puppy Rescue | Teen Ink

12 Dogs of Christmas 2; Great Puppy Rescue

February 18, 2013
By madihayameen PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
madihayameen PLATINUM, Karachi, Other
37 articles 0 photos 7 comments

12 DOGS OF CHRISTMAS GREAT PUPPY RESCUE
(Movie review)
DIRECTOR: Kieth Merrill
GENRE:
Family and Kids
RELEASE DATE: January 9, 2012
MPAA RATING: PG
AGE RECOMMENDED: 8+
CAST:
SEAN PATRICK FLANERY : Finneas James
D.B. SWEENEY: Burchess
DANIELLE CHUCHRAN: Emma
ALLI SIMPSON: Alli

REVIEW:
This movie is the sequel to 12 Dogs of Christmas, which was released in 2005.
12 DOGS OF CHRISTMAS: THE GREAT PUPPY RESCUE picks up six years after 11-year old Emma saved the day in the original film. Now a teen, Emma (Danielle Chuchran) returns to Doverville for the funeral of Cathy Stevens, her beloved surrogate mom. After an accident paralyzes Cathy's son, Emma learns that the Stevens farm for orphan dogs, which she helped to establish, is in grave danger. The mustache-twirling "richest-man-in-town" (Sean Patrick Flanery) wants the land for a dog-racing track, and he's willing to do anything to get it. The farm's mortgage hasn't been paid either! Summoning her old friends, Emma decides to stay in Doverville and (once again) put on a show to raise money and save the farm. But the obstacles and story-lines multiply... Emma encounters a deceitful doctor, an evil animal control officer, a rabies threat, a cowardly bank officer, a would-be clairvoyant, "Bing Crosby," AND an irresistible teen basketball player who may or may not be in league with the villain. Everybody is counting on Emma, but can she deliver miracles again?
The movie also features a song “Jingle Bells” sung by Cody Simpson, 16-year-old Aussie singer.

IS IT ANY GOOD?
The film is earnest and tries hard to be heart-warming, but it's done in by not having the most elementary of "must-haves" -- an intelligent script, accessible plotting, and an original idea. Anyone looking for a fun Christmas story with some cute dogs will need to keep looking, because this is more of an intense, but scrambled bit of "let's put on a show" silliness that could have taken place at any point of the calendar outside of the climactic musical number. At least the quality of the presentation is high, and if you happen to like the film, there are actually a few extras to check out. Fans of the previous film may want to give this a look, but be warned, it's not a fuzzy good time.
ALLI SIMPSON:
DATE OF BIRTH: 24 April 1998, Gold Coast, Australia
MINI BIOGRAPHY
Alli Michelle Simpson was born in Gold Coast, Queensland to parents, Angie and Brad Simpson, on 24th April, 1998. She moved with her family to Los Angeles for her older brother, Cody Simpson's career, who is now a famous Australian singer and has been winning awards since 2010. In her spare time, she likes to post videos of her herself with one of her best friend, actress Madison Pettis, on YouTube. She is currently a Pastry Shoes Brand Ambassador, a shoeline called "Pastry Shoes", which was first started by the Simmons sisters, Angela Simmons and Vanessa Simmons.
TRIVIA

Her best friends are Madison Pettis, Jasmine Penwarn, Sophie Harrison and Ruby Green.

Her hobbies include swimming, surfing, shopping, styling, dancing, singing and hanging with friends.

She currently lives in Los Angeles, California.

She does modeling for Love Pastry.

She has two brothers, Cody Simpson and Tom Simpson.

Her parents are Angie and Brad Simpson.

She is an australian actress and model.

She’s a Twitterati like her brother Cody.