Waiting For Superman | Teen Ink

Waiting For Superman

By 392Star BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
392Star BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Alone we can do so little , but togther we can do so much - Hellen Keller

“Superman has flew and rescued our education”

Showing and inspiring kids to be the best makes for a very attractive movie, “Waiting for Superman” by Davis Guggenheim. Ever seen the movie “Waiting for Superman”? Well you need to make time to see this! It is a must see film with its amazing inspirational words and stories. Once you see this movie you will be broken into tears and you will be very excited to help the education system, not only for the kids affected, but for everybody in the world. You’ve got my approval! This movie is by far one of the best documentaries written for the big screen and I felt that superman has surely come to rescue the educational system. If you just spend about and 1hr and 30 min at a theater watching “Waiting for Superman” you will be very heartbroken to see those five kids struggle with learning.
“Waiting for Superman” has explains and informs the audience by showing them real life stories about kids struggling to get a better education. This movie will show parents, adults, students, and others that this struggle is real and it can happen to anyone at any given moment. When Davis Guggenheim had the idea to include Daisy, Francisco, Emily, Anthony and Bianca into his documentary it gave the movie a more realistic feeling showing the audience their everyday lives as school children. This was a real eye opener that pointed out the good and the bad of America’s educational system. Each student included in the film had a very heartwarming story that would move the audience. Francisco, a first grader, living in the Bronx, New York, had a serious problem at school. His teachers had no sympathy or care for him or any other student enrolled in his class. There was also a little kindergartner named Bianca from Harlem, New York. Her education was affected because her mother was paying private school tuition every month because she did not want her daughter to go to the local elementary school where they lived. Unfortunately, there was an issue where her mom could not pay the full amount of money then forcing the school to forbid Bianca from participating in her graduation ceremony. When Emily, Anthony, Bianca, and Francisco`s parents or guardians realized that their child needed a better education, they enrolled their kids into better schools. Some were forced to rely on a lottery system to ensure they have a better. This movie is an accurate portrayal of education in America because the facts discussed are true about the drop out factories students attend, the bad neighborhoods they live in, and the financial issues that affect them.

Making this movie will really help to change the education system in America because it inspires kids and their parents to take charge of their education and make a change. If you and your child see this movie you will be encouraged to help the system. If your child goes to a school where there is no enthusiasm or the teachers are not effective, relinquishing their duties as educators, you should take your child out of that school and convince other parents to do the same. The movie explained that every year millions of students’ parents give up and rely on the luck of the lottery system for their child’s education and future, because their neighborhood schools are failing.

This is a #1 MUST see film! This movie will teach my peers about the education system and why education is valuable and important. After my peers watch this movie they will have the same feelings I had right after the movie. This movie had a significant impact on me. Seeing those kids struggle with learning and the obstacles preventing them from a great education is sad because they will have no future and will probably end up somewhere bad in life. When the movie finally ended I noticed that the overall message the director was trying to get across is that many students fail or drop out of school because of what happens in the community, situations going on at home, or the lack of education in the “education” system.

“Waiting for Superman” is a great inspiring film. The superman idea surely fit the movie because a hero like superman needs to come and save education. After this movie many people should be inspired to want to fix this problem. This movie is an accurate depiction of America’s education system. It shows you what can and will happen to kids as a result of the education system.

392Star BRONZE said...
392Star BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

I will actullay ......

poopiiihead said...
Great Review .. Keep writing ... Breathtaking 

108Head said...
Omg this is such a good movie review. I really enjoyed reading it.

392Star BRONZE said...
392Star BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Thanks , The movie was really great , you shouldnt just take it from my point of view you should try and see it for yourself

schuylerhead said...
awwesome articlw well written and make me want to see the movie

392Star BRONZE said...
392Star BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

Isint this a great movie review for waiting for superman ? it clearly explains most points and shows opinion of how i fell the movie was . i dont think it lacks anything .