Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief-Good, but Dissapointing | Teen Ink

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief-Good, but Dissapointing

Based on the hit novel, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, this movie deserves and four out of five on my grading. I recently saw this movie and was a bit disappointed. I expected it to be quite different. The main thing was the characters. Wasn’t Annabeth blonde? Wasn’t Grover shorter than Percy in his description in the book? Finally, in the book, Percy was only twelve. In the movie, his character looks fourteen. I don’t know about anybody else who saw this movie, but it didn’t exactly fit the description of the book.

I just saw this movie and it didn't look the way that I imagined it to be. :-(

Avathebooknerd BRONZE, Cortland, Ohio

“Our fate lies within us you just have to be brave enough to see it” -Merida, Brave

This is so true! I wish it was more like the book.

jd023 said...
on Oct. 14 2011 at 9:38 am
true that! i wish that they would make heros of omlypus a movie because i read the first book and it was good i also think they sould get a different director and make more percy jackson movies and bring in clarisse!

I totally agree, I've just gotten into the series and I'm on the fourth book, I saw the movie before i read the book and atfirst i found no problem with it, I thout it was pretty good, but it barely kept true to the book once i read it which was a little dissapointing. I thought Chirons character was cast perfectly, aside from the fact that his back side was supposed to be a white stallions. i think Percy character would have been well cast too had it not been for the age difference....in all of the characters. and they left out alot of key characters like Clarisse and some others, also I think Luke Castellans character was cast perfectly too.

Chans247 GOLD said...
on Jun. 6 2011 at 6:02 am
Chans247 GOLD, Rosthern, Other

"You could say this advice is priceless. Now...if you trust in yourself...believe in your dreams...and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spend their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy." ~Discworld

Oh really?? I forgot, srry :D Could you tell me chapter it is on?? Thanks!

Liberty09-10 said...
No they stole a car too

Chans247 GOLD said...
on May. 22 2011 at 1:08 am
Chans247 GOLD, Rosthern, Other

No, they take buses and walk. Oh yeah, and a taxi once.

Liberty09-10 said...
on May. 22 2011 at 12:06 am
They do drive in the books u know???

Chans247 GOLD said...
Chans247 GOLD, Rosthern, Other

I so agree. And in the movie they look more 16 cause they can drive cars. And Clarisse is missing! How could they do that????? She is one of the main characters in the second book.

WerewolfWriting BRONZE, Eerie, Nevada

"Life is not about the breaths we take but about the people who take our breath away."

I totally agree! It would of been SO much better if they stayed with the book! First, they can't make the rest of the series and if they tried, they would twist it so badly it wouldn't even be the movie anymore! It demented the whole series. Hopefully they will make another Rick Riordan series a movie like The Kane Chronicles or The Heroes of Olympus and HOPEFULLY they will get a good director and do it right!

DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

what about clarisse? the thing with ares? how the heck did persephonie get into the story? the age? they look about sixteen, but percy should be furfilling the prophecy if hes that old!

SoccerLuver BRONZE, Lemoore, California

"I now realize that what I now know will teach me something in my future"

another thing is that they didnt even bring clarisse into the story! how will they continue the movies without clarisse?

SoccerLuver BRONZE, Lemoore, California

Thanks for supporting! Believe it or not this is the second work I've posted that's been online out of two! I'm doing pretty good! Check out Guide Dogs for the Blind by anonymous worker from Fresno CA

True dat! I posted a whole huge rant on my fanfiction profile... But that's just me...