New Moon's Rising | Teen Ink

New Moon's Rising

November 24, 2009
By Kryptonite GOLD, College Park, Maryland
Kryptonite GOLD, College Park, Maryland
10 articles 3 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All my battles have been won but the war has just begun." Band: Hollywood Undead; Song: City Album: Swan Songs


Twilight mania has rocked the nation. Everywhere you go someone is fighting over Team Jacob or Team Edward. When you go to the mall there will always be a cut out of Edward and Bella in the Hot Topic. Commercials for Volvo and Burger King have gotten into the hype.

Twilight has quickly passed onto the torch to its sequel, Twilight Saga: New Moon. Twilight, the first movie, was never short on laughs, blood, love, and scenes that were not in the book. Twilight got way off track of the plot line. New Moon was different, though. Nothing major was taken out. The love triangle between Jacob, Bella, and Edward stayed as if it was in the book.

The speech of Edward when he leaves Bella made audiences want to cry. Soon, Edward is forgotten because Jacob steps into the picture. Jacob (played by Taylor Lautner) has become the love interest of many teenage girls and twi-moms. New Moon was full of laughs, tears, love, and very hot men. These books make girls question if the horror stories they heard at camp are true or not.

Edward was the hot one in Twilight. Now in New Moon Jacob has become the one girls drool over and scream for in the back of the theatre. New Moon lived up to the hype and the expectations of those who prayed for it to reflect the book.

The ending left the audience wanting Eclipse. The ending although (to quote those in the rows behind me) was “the worse ending of all time.” I had to disagree. The ending left it for Eclipse to pick up the story line.
I’ll be fair and give it four out of five stars because of some scenes leaving out key phrases and make out scenes that made me want to yell, “Get a room.” All together it was a great movie and kept people entertained. Rarely can you say, “The movie was almost exactly like the book.” In New Moon’s case you can. In the rising of the New Moon has lived up to the hype.

The author's comments:
I am not a Twilight crazed girl. I like the books and movies but I am not obsessed. I just want people to know this before you read thinking this was someone who is obsessed.