See You On Venus | Teen Ink

See You On Venus

By RezacKaeda SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
RezacKaeda SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Do you like movies where the main characters fall in love? The movie “See You on Venus” is a romance that came out on July 20, 2023. The movie is a feel-good movie that brings lots of emotions. The movie made me happy and showed me that people have different lives. Some are better than others, but everyone goes through struggles at times. I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves a good romance. In this movie, we will meet two people who help each other through some hard times. The people get in disagreements but they work to figure it out together.  

The movie starts with two lost souls, who find each other and go on a trip to Europe together. Mia (played by Virginia Gardener) is an 18-year-old orphan girl on a mission to meet her birth mother. Mia planned the trip way before she met Kyle with a different friend, not knowing that her other friend wouldn't be able to go. She tricks Kyle (played by Alex Aiono), an 18-year-old boy dealing with depression and loss, into going with her. The movie takes us through many ups and downs with the two characters, and their crazy journey to become friends.

Virginia Gardener and Alex Aiono do a great job playing Mia and Kyle. Joaquín Llamas, the director, did a phenomenal job showing the chemistry between the two. The characters are easy to relate to. As they start learning things about each other, they find how great one another is. Mia has a photo blog called Expiration Date. Kyle can draw, he mostly draws his surroundings and the way he feels. Kyle got into a car crash recently, which has made it hard for him to drive. When they are in Europe, the two get pulled over for driving too slow. Kyle later finds out that the person who died in the car crash was supposed to go with Mia on her trip. 

Mia has a list of moms that could be her birth mother. When they start going to visit everyone on the list and don't find her mom, Mia starts to lose hope. Kyle tries to cheer her up and tells her that she should focus on the people who care for her now, indicating him. Mia has a quote she found that she lives by: “There will always be somebody, somewhere, who is happy you were born.” She shares this quote with Kyle and the quote becomes their motivator. The quote helped Kyle realize that his parents are there for him and so is Mia. The movie is called “See You on Venus” because Mia wants to go to Venus.  

This is a great movie that takes the viewer on a journey with two lost people who are looking for someone to help them get through their lives. At the end of the movie, the director throws the audience for a loop, which helps the viewer to continue watching. This movie keeps the audience engaged, which helps this movie be so great. This movie is awesome and I would recommend it to anyone!        

I watched this movie when I was home sick one day and it was amazing! I loved it! I wanted to share it with everyone else!

on Mar. 11 at 12:34 pm
avery2027 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Wow the movie sounds so good. Amazing!

on Mar. 11 at 11:38 am
miranda-m BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Sounds like a good movie! Awesome work Kaeda!!!