A Quiet Place Movie Review | Teen Ink

A Quiet Place Movie Review

By Tuheed BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Tuheed BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"if you dont sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice"

“A quiet place” isn’t just the typical zombie apocalypse movie people would expect it to be. It tells the story of a post-apocalyptic world that has been torn apart by mysterious creatures that find their prey exclusively through sound. Most of the human population is already dead because they stand no chance against the creatures with an acute sense of hearing. But the main characters in the movie know sign language, which is a huge advantage for them because they communicate without having to speak, and that's what caused most people to die in the first place. While sign language is their advantage, it doesn't mean they are safe. The family will face many issues in the movie that will have you on the edge of your seat the entire time. 

I personally found the movie really interesting because of all the twists. It made the movie really intense and another thing I liked about it was that we had to figure out what the film was about ourselves. The opening scene of the movie is straight to the point and as the movie continues, we get a better idea of why they are so quiet and alert. They don’t speak at all in the beginning scenes, so it leads the viewers into predicting what's happening on their own. As the movie continues, it gets more and more intense and the thing about it is that they are able to make it very intense without even having to speak much or give context. I don't wanna spoil any specific parts of the movie that made me like it so much. I do recommend watching the movie because it is very well directed and worth watching.

This is the movie review I wrote for my film studies class