Twilight: a conspicuous truth | Teen Ink

Twilight: a conspicuous truth

May 27, 2009
By KyleS. GOLD, Lake Tapps, Washington
KyleS. GOLD, Lake Tapps, Washington
17 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are in evil.


I finally watched Twilight after being told that it was "the most amazing thing ever". I sat down and one night and watched it, knowing I would walk away laughing. I walked away surprised that it was even worse than I thought it would be. To tell you the truth, Twilight is one of the most predictable, cliched, cheesy, cheap, boring, and dumbest movies (not to mention the story line itself) that I have ever seen. Like I've never heard of a forbidden love story before. The acting in the movie was terrible, the graphics were horrendous, the dialogue was not thought out well, it was very low-budget, and the story itself is explicitly bad. Stephanie Meyer could not think of her own ideas to make this story. Bram Stoker wrote of a classic Vampire and his idea worked. Forbidden love stories are so cliched (especially this one) that it makes me want to vomit on the same regurgitations. They also tried turning it into a horror flick in some scenes and it was very lame. Unless you want some really good laughs, nothing is gained by watching this film. It is more of a comedy than anything.