Is Frozen 2 Better than Frozen? | Teen Ink

Is Frozen 2 Better than Frozen?

December 16, 2019
By AlexisCrowley BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
AlexisCrowley BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning how to dance in the rain.


After six years of waiting, with questions still needing to be answered, the world was finally given Frozen 2.  As soon as I heard the wonderful news, all I felt was excitement.  I could not wait to go see another adventure-packed movie with Queen Elsa, Princess Ana, Kristoff, and everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.  This anticipated sequel was very enjoyable and did not disappoint.

As the movie began, all the memories came rushing back and I felt like a child again, staring up at the big screen waiting for the movie to start.  It was amazing hearing the voices of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, and Jonathan Groff again all together in the theater. Kristen Bell does an amazing job of portraying Ana as the free spirited, loving, and kind-to-all princess that she is.  Idina Menzel voices Elsa as a strong, powerful, independent queen, with a beautiful singing voice. Josh Gad brings the loving snowman to life with all of his random knowledge and curious exploring, while learning and teaching some valuable life lessons.  Lastly, Jonathan Groff gives us Kristoff, the man of Ana’s dreams who is strong and independent, but would do anything for the people he loves. It is astonishing to witness the character’s strength as they overcome all the chaos.

This movie is full of action, mystery, and love, with many life lessons that can be learned.  The story is about finding the truth and learning that it is not always what we expect it to be.  Elsa has unleashed a mystical power, the four elements: Earth, fire, wind, and water. Elsa, Ana, Kristoff, and Olaf set off on an adventure to find the truth about the past.  It began as a journey just meant for Elsa, but they all had to find and see the truth for themselves, so they could come back together stronger than ever.  

This movie is definitely one that I would suggest you see before the new year.  It is not just a children’s movie, but it is a movie for everyone. Plus, it has some amazing and beautiful songs that you will enjoy hearing, with spectacular choreography, to magnificent animations that display the songs true meanings.  “Into the Unknown” was powerful and touching. Idina Menzel sang “Show Yourself” so beautifully that you could not help by sway from side to side. They also grabbed my attention and made me want to sing along, even if I did not know the words.

Frozen 2 was even better than the first movie.  It contains more excitement and energy throughout the whole movie.  It will have you on the edge of your seat, guessing what will happen next.  There was never a moment someone was not staring up at the giant screen. There were curveballs and stories that we did not already know.  It is a mystery from the start, so join Elsa, Ana, Krtistoff, and Olaf as they go on this crazy, fun, and emotional journey.


The author's comments:

I am huge Disney fan, so I thoroughly enjoyed writing this review!