Toy Story 3 | Teen Ink

Toy Story 3

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Toy Story 3 is the third adventure in the Toy Story franchise and once again continues the awesome adventures of Woody and Buzz Lightyear, as well as the rest of Andy's toys. Andy is now preparing to leave for college, so he must decide what he wants to do about all of the toys that he still has. Even though Andy plans to bring all of the toys in a bag that gets brought up to the attic, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie and all of their friends mistakenly wind up on the curb, because Andy's mom misinterprets it for a garbage bag and they wind up with the trash. Woody begins to think fast on his feet, and as one of the main leaders of the group, he is able to save the gang by getting them to be taken to a day-care center. This results in everyone becoming donated except for Woody. While there, the toys begin to discover that things aren't as great as they first appeared, and there are some weird things going on. The kids at the center don't play very nice and essentially torture all of the toys, making the toys' lives miserable once more. Because of this, all of the toys create a complicated plan to be able to finally escape, and with Woody working from the outside and attempting to discover what's really going on at this day-care center, it seems like the toys are going to have to work together once again to be able to rescue themselves. However, it seems like the toys may be facing their greatest challenge yet. 

Toy Story 3 proves to be an epic adventure that follows up the original two movies with an emotionally engaging sequel that will be sure to please. Delightful and inspired throughout, the movie enchantingly brings the toy universe to life once more and has a story-driven plot that puts the toys in unexpected situations that make this movie feel incredibly fresh. The movie may bring the characters to a new setting, but just like the other two movies in the franchise, this movie manages to hone in on the true personalities of each and every character in a manner that makes all of the toys relatable, likable and easy to root for. 

Toy Story 3 is one of those rare movies that is simply perfect for the entire family. At times it feels like an adult movie for kids, but it also feels like a kids' movie for adults. The movie has a few profound themes and messages that will be sure to resonate with audiences of all ages, and just like the other two movies in the franchise, this sequel manages to include plenty of emotion. Emotional in its entirety, the movie knows how to make audiences truly feel an entire spectrum's worth of emotions. There are happy moments, sad moments, heartwarming scenes, and heartbreaking ones, but through it all, the characters on-screen are transcended. Woody may be a classic character, but after this adventure, watchers' perceptions of what makes this cowboy click will forever change for the better. 

Toy Story 3 is an animated movie, and for such, it shouldn't be too surprising that the visuals of the movie are noteworthy. The amazingly vivid visual effects combine together with the spectacular special effects to create a vibrant adventure that brings all of the toys to life, as well as their entire universe to truly immerse audiences in a new and exciting world. Not only are the visuals of the movie significant, but the true heart of the movie is its astounding plot that naturally conjures drama and action together to place the toys in situations where they are able to shine at their finest. The beginning of the movie brilliantly reintroduces audiences to Woody and Buzz Lightyear, as well as all of the other toys and what has happened to them since the last movie. The middle of the movie marvelously progresses the plot along and introduces audiences to exhilarating obstacles that challenge all of the main characters. The enticing ending of the movie wraps up the entire story together, and not only does it magnificently conclude this adventure by combining together with the beginning of the movie to create a cohesive story, but it is also such a grand conclusion that it feels capable of concluding the entire franchise with a shocking twist that nobody will see coming. 

Toy Story 3 has the rare ability to be beloved by both critics and viewers alike. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie an outstanding 98%, which is just as impressive as it sounds, and a whopping 94% of Google users liked the movie, solidifying the concept that this movie is a great fit for a wide variety of audiences. 

Toy Story 3 is an emotionally engaging movie that will certainly touch hearts and cause some to cry. In a way that only a Toy Story movie could do, the movie fantastically combines together drama, action, emotion, intensity, romance and vivid visuals to create a triumphant hit that absolutely lives up to the lofty expectations set by the nearly perfect originals. This movie will surpass any and all expectations and is an instant classic with a story that deserves to be seen by just about anyone and everyone. It's that good. 

"Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what." - Andy