Spider-Man: Far From Home | Teen Ink

Spider-Man: Far From Home

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

Spider-Man: Far From Home proves to be an exhilarating roller coaster that continues the adventures of everyone's favorite web-slinging superhero that is the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Peter Parker is forced to step up and become the Avenger that he was always destined to be. Although Peter doesn't plan on having to deal with being Spider-Man for the summer, when he goes on a science trip with some of his classmates to Europe with a planned itinerary to visit several famous cities, he finds himself being forced to act as his other persona, despite how he thinks this trip is his opportunity to finally tell Michelle Jones, or MJ, how he really feels about her. Even though Peter Parker takes as many measures as possible to ensure that he can just be Peter and take a vacation in Europe, even going as far as avoiding calls from Nick Fury, trouble eventually finds Peter and he can't run from being Spider-Man for long. Before Peter can know what hits him, he soon discovers that Earth is being attacked by monsters called Elementals that are named based off of how they contain powers related to the four elements. Peter Parker then gets placed into a position where he's working alongside Nick Fury, as well as a mysterious soldier, known as Mysterio, that seems to be beneficial, but Peter is soon placed at a crossroads when he's forced to decide between being with MJ and being the superhero that the world needs him to be. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home epically highlights another Spider-Man adventure in a fantastical manner that brings out the true heart of the character. Despite all of his powers, including his increased strength and ability to nearly have a sixth sense of sorts, the man behind the mask is only Peter Parker, and Peter Parker is just an ordinary teenager. Peter, like the rest of the world, feels torn by his responsibilities and constantly questions what he should do next, especially considering that he feels that if he does in fact help to fight villains, he might end up ruining his chances of telling MJ how he feels or even give her reason to not feel the same way about him. The setting of the movie may be slightly different than other Spider-Man movies, seeing as it takes places in Europe, but who Peter is as a person doesn't change in the slightest. In fact, the diversity in location may have been exactly what was needed to highlight that, above all else, Peter Parker has realistic problems, just like the rest of us. This causes both Peter Parker and Spider-Man to become relatable and likable, and it becomes quite apparent why the character is such a fan-favorite by so many. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home is a visual masterpiece that heavily relies on a mixture of visual and special effects to create an action-packed adventure with plenty of fight scenes that don't disappoint. Having the luxury of possessing both amazingly vivid visual effects and spectacular special effects, the movie is able to capture everything and then some that the creators could have possibly intended to include to create plenty of moments that are nothing short of breathtaking and will surely wow. This adventure is able to capture the audience's attention with its vibrance and never lets go with its charismatic characters that are bold and captivating in all of the best ways. Each and every character is given the time to shine, and it feels that everyone has an intended purpose. Combined with the noteworthy visuals, the movie transforms into a work of art that has visuals that are as meaningful as the characters. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home may have excellent visuals, but the story-driven plot is just as well-executed. Well-crafted in its entirety, the actual story of the movie flows seamlessly and is jam-packed with eccentric concepts and ideas that aid in making the whole movie feel substantially more interesting. The beginning of the movie brilliantly transitions from the latest blockbuster of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and reintroduces audiences to Peter Parker's Spider-Man in a flawless fashion that immediately catches viewers up on what has happened. Although the middle portion of a movie tends to be one of the weakest parts, this is simply not the case with this one. Here, the middle of the movie is one of the most entertaining portions of the entire movie and marvelously progresses the plot of the story along and manages to present challenging obstacles for Peter Parker, both as Spider-Man and as a person that help to cause watchers to be gravitated towards this jaw-dropping tale. The enticing ending of the movie proves to be a combination of heartbreaking and heartwarming and certainly takes advantage of all of the drama, suspense and intensity that is so effectively conjured by the other parts of the movie. There are thrilling twists and turns dispersed throughout the movie that are so thought through that they will genuinely shock just about anyone and everyone. Like most of the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this movie continues the tradition of the tone tending to be on the lighter side. Despite what's occurring on-screen, there are still hilarious jokes and witty one-liners sprinkled throughout to ensure that the story never becomes overly dark. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home boasts a talented cast that shines. Tom Holland is simply awesome as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man, and he manages to bring emotion and intensity to the star role. He terrifically transforms into the character and ensures that the character is always grounded and relatable. Jake Gyllenhaal is magnificent as Mysterio and manages to make the character as mystery as the name suggests. Zendaya is simply superb as Michelle Jones, and her portrayal gifts fans with a brave character that is sarcastic, clever and says what's on her mind. Jacob Batalon gives a fantastic portrayal of the fan-favorite Ned Leeds, and he is able to astoundingly pour humor into the movie with his character's comedic strengths. Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury is wonderful, as per usual, and he once again returns with an unprecedented level of spunk, attitude and passion. There are some other notable roles, like Jon Favreau's Happy Hogan, but Tom Holland and Zendaya are the real stars of the movie, and their on-screen chemistry is simply a delight. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home has the rare ability to be a superhero hero movie enjoyed by both viewers and critics alike. Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie an outstanding 92%, which is just as impressive as it sounds, and a whopping 96% of Google users liked the movie, solidifying the concept that this movie is a great fit for a wide variety of audiences. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home has just about it all with a thorough plot, a star-studded cast, vivid visuals, romance, comedy, and surprises galore. The movie is a good fit for both adults and teenagers, and teenagers in particular will coincide with this uncanny adventure. Not only will this triumphant hit surpass any and all expectations, but the movie also manages to transcend how audiences perceive Spider-Man as a character, because the movie truly does the character's long history justice. Just like the superhero that this movie is based off of, Spider-Man: Far From Home proves to be amazing. 

"You got gifts, Parker, but we have a job to do. Are you going to step up or not?" - Nick Fury