The 40-Year Old Virgin | Teen Ink

The 40-Year Old Virgin

August 30, 2018
By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
678 articles 0 photos 8 comments

 The 40-Year Old Virgin is a movie about a 40-year old virgin, Andy Stitzer, as the name suggests. Andy is a benevolent guy, who spends most of his time working at a box store, playing video games, taking care of his action figure collection, and riding his bike. Even though he's 40, Stitzer has never told anybody about his secret, but a group of friends of his figure it out during a poker game. Because they feel they have to, Andy's friends start pushing him towards meeting women and getting over his nerves. Although he's resistant at first, Andy soon learns that his friends are just trying to help him out, and that their advice isn't all bad when he meets a local shop owner that might be the one. 
 

Although parts of the plot feel more than slightly predictable, the movie is good for a few laughs and showcases a superb Steve Carell; he carries this movie and then some. There a few memorable scenes, but a fair amount of the movie is lackluster and feels dragged out, especially the beginning. But with all that said, the movie is surprisingly enjoyable and fun. The cast of the movie meshes well together, and they help to make the movie as hilarious as it is. Parts of the movie are actually heartfelt, which is a bit of a surprise. The ending of the movie is pretty good but nothing spectacular. Because Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a 85% and 85% of Google users enjoyed it, it seems that both critics and viewers think that The 40-Year Old Virgin is a good movie that's worth watching. 


The author's comments:

Because Rotten Tomatoes gave the movie a 85% and 85% of Google users enjoyed it, it seems that both critics and viewers think that The 40-Year Old Virgin is a good movie that's worth watching.