It (2017) | Teen Ink

It (2017)

By MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey
MovieReviewer_18 ELITE, Short Hills, New Jersey

It (2017) is a remake of the movie that came out in 1990, It, and they both are based off of Stephen King's novel It. It is a movie about a group of outcasts and their battle against an evil clown. The kids soon learn that the clown is actually an evil demon, but that doesn't change the fact that the clown kills children. In order to stop this clown, the group of outcasts must work together and face their worst fears. But the bloodthirsty killer is vicious, crazy, and beyond horrifying. 

This movie stars seven outcasts who all have a few things in common: they get tortured by Henry Bowers and are considered losers. However, all of their fears are different, and Pennywise the clown exposes all of these fears and uses them to his advantage. But as the clown begins to divide them, working together as a team might be the only way to win the battle with the devious demon. 

A main difference between this movie and the original is that in the original the movie jumped back and forth from kids to adults, but this movie solely focuses on the adventures of the group as children. This movie is scary from start to finish and is a well done horror movie. Unlike the original movie, this one was terrifying throughout all of it. The visual effects are stupendous and help to make this movie scarier than the original. With all of that said, this movie is not as scary as some might believe, but It is still a great movie for people to watch. 

It showcases the differences in technology between 1990 and 2017.