Blazed by Jason Myers | Teen Ink

Blazed by Jason Myers

By j.g.poems PLATINUM, Naples, Florida
j.g.poems PLATINUM, Naples, Florida

When I discovered Blazed, written by Jason Myers, I was unaware of the emotional roller coaster that was jumping onto. The roller coaster is packed with unexpected twists,turns, and loops- so is Jaimie's life.

The night was not surprising when he found himself speeding to a local bar on his blue bike to pick up his disgustingly drunk mother. But when they arrived home, something was surprising. And now, all Jaime possesses is his Oxy and a Beach House album. He soon finds himself being shipped across the country to live with his father (in which he JUST met). When he opens his fathers front door, he is also closing and locking his past-he just doesn't know it yet.

Jason Myers does more than describe the effects of drug abuse in every character throughout the novel. Blazed is a unique book that is as close to the real world as a book can possibly achieve. It enhances an understanding of what teen/adult addicts go through on a daily basis. You will find yourself yearning to go out and explore music and art with every page you turn. And I promise, those pages will be turning faster than you can imagine.

I am absolutely in love with every word in Blazed. It was honestly the most satisfying book I have ever picked up.