Beating Heart Baby | Teen Ink

Beating Heart Baby

September 13, 2022
By AmazingSpiderCam SILVER, Port Washington, New York
AmazingSpiderCam SILVER, Port Washington, New York
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I have to be careful not to spoil anything for you, because you will totally want to read this book! Min's Beating Heart Baby is a fantastic addition to the teen rom-com canon, weaving together several complex narratives into one perfect story. Rather than making everything perfectly all into place, the characters really have to work for their happy endings, coming together and separating over and over. It is the perfect balance of edge of your seat suspension and heartwarming moments that make the whole story worthwhile. This story is a breath of fresh air, as it shows that journey to find oneself does not have to be linear or easy, but it is beautiful all the same. Moreover, it shows that you never really outgrow your past self- you are all of the "yous" you have ever been, and that is what makes you special. Combining these lovely themes with some awesome representation, and you've got a hit. I highly recommend picking up "Beating Heart Baby" if you want to laugh, cry, cringe, and say "aww" all in one sitting!