The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte | Teen Ink

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte

July 19, 2017
By Iklil BRONZE, Alanya, Other
Iklil BRONZE, Alanya, Other
4 articles 1 photo 16 comments

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall is written by Anne Bronte. It is about Helen who marries Arthur, the man of her desire but after some years she starts to regret her hasty action. Her husband starts drinking alcohol and the more he drank the more despiteful he became to Helen. And eventually after her husband Arthur deceived her with flirting with another married woman and when she got exhausted from Arthur's ill treatment towards her and her dear son she runs away with her son. She than starts to live with her son in a lonely place away from societal convention so her husband will not easily find her and her dear child. And in this way she becomes the mysterious tenant of Wildfell Hall who earns her living as an artist. But soon bad gossip starts to spread about her and Gilbert Markham who was terribly in love with her becomes a little suspicious. And only when he reads her diary he learns the full cruelty and hardships she had suffered from her husband. I adore this book how Helen inspite of so much trials never gave up and was trying to be strong every moment of her life. She was my heroine. And I see her as a person to be taken example off. But maybe I have one little negative comment about this book. At the beginning I must admit that I felt bored because in some parts at the beginning the sentences were long and boring but later it turned to be an awesome book and it had very nice phrases and many rare words. I just could not take my eyes off the book until finishing the last word of the last sentence of the last page. I also have read many classic books and have a great experience with them and this book was wonderful like many others. To me it was a great page turner and I am sure it will be for you too!!!