My Bloody Life by Reymundo Sanchez | Teen Ink

My Bloody Life by Reymundo Sanchez

By vanessa_09 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
vanessa_09 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"When life brings you full circle, pay attention. There's a lesson there"-Mandy Hale

If you're attracted to drugs, sex, and gunplay My Bloody Life is a book for you. This book is written by Reymundo Sanchez actually the main character in the story. The book is based on people who have lost their lives to the streets. Reymundo Sanchez is the pen name of the main character, a member of the feared Latin Kings gang in Chicago. Reymundo earned the name ‘lil loco’ for being a heartless killer. Little do others know that he’s a coward in the inside.

Reymundo Sanchez was a lost boy that was disowned by a physically abusive mother and stepfather. He was sent to live with a stepbrother who could care less whether he was doing bad things or came home or not.. Reymundo soon found the love he never had received from his mom in the streets. At the age 14, ‘lil loco’ quickly was known for crazy violence. For 10 years, the streets of Chicago defined his reality. It was his kingdom when he rode the highs of the gang life, and his hell when he lived the lows.

The main issue in this book and also in life is the lack of love that most people receive from their broken family. This lead to most people falling into drugs, violence, and abusive relationships. They are trying to fill in that hole in their heart with other things rather the love they never got from their family.

I truly recomended this book to teens and adults. It’s a real eye-opener to those who are struggling, or those are struggling with gangs or those who may be confronted with the option to choose. My Bloody Life is the story of a lifestyle and destruction it creates.

After reading my book review hopefully you find My Bloody Life a book you'll want to read.