Shattering Glass by Gail Giles | Teen Ink

Shattering Glass by Gail Giles

May 25, 2016
By araina.clancy BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin
araina.clancy BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The novel, Shattering Glass by Gail Giles discusses many problems of today’s youth, especially concerning parenting. This book is a quick read, and leaves the readers intrigued at the end of every chapter.


The book starts off discussing the death of the junior class’s major victim of bullying, Simon Glass. It’s told in third person by one of Simon’s peers, Young Steward. At the beginning of each chapter,  a different character gives a testimony; allowing you to piece the story together bit by bit.


Personally, my favorite part of the story is where Young, and his girlfriend Ronna spend the day together. It is the most realistic part of the book, and I can see any high school student doing the exact same way. The rest of the book is a little far fetched sometimes, so this little tid bit of reality adds a nice touch.


I would recommend this book to anyone who hates themselves enough to put their mind through the ending of this book. The book is full of cliffhangers that make you want to read more and more.