Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan | Teen Ink

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

December 13, 2015
By CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
CarrieSElam PLATINUM, West Liberty, Kentucky
24 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
" When you Grow Up, Your Heart Dies."- Ally Sheedy ( The Breakfast Club, 1985)

“And in the end, we were all just humans.. drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.”

"Groovy Like a Drive In movie"


 “You can pick your friends, but you can’t pick your friends nose."

 

This is the hilarious opening to the New York Times bestselling Novel, "Will Grayson, Will Grayson."

 

“Will Grayson, Will Grayson" tells the story of two teenage boys named, Will Grayson. While the boys share the same name their personality’s and lives are completely different.

 

The first Will Grayson is a Heterosexual boy with wealthy parents.
The second Will Grayson Is homosexual and lives in an old, run down home with his single mother.

 

The boys, who had no clue of each other’s existence eventually meet and their lives are forever changed.

 

I had high hopes for this novel from the beginning. Considering it's written by two of the biggest names in Young Adult literature (John Green & David Levithan). I pretty much knew I would enjoy it. Of course, I was right.

 

Green and Levithan are master story tellers. This collaboration of theirs is beautifully written. It tells of the struggles and the triumphs of teenagers while remaining down to earth and hilarious.

 

If you enjoy, Love, Friendship, and the occasional musical number you will LOVE this book. It's a classic in the making.
 


The author's comments:

10/10 would read again.