The Mayflower; and the Pilgrims' New World | Teen Ink

The Mayflower; and the Pilgrims' New World

By HarleyBoy SILVER, Wells, Maine
HarleyBoy SILVER, Wells, Maine

The Mayflower; and the Pilgrims' New World is one of the best books I have ever read. This book tells the story of the passengers of the Mayflower and when they landed and set up the Plymouth Colony. It is excellently written and researched. Nathan Philbrick exposes the reality of the Plymouth Colony with riveting details. The book accounts from when the settlers first arrived until the end of King Phillipp's War. He exposes the true story of everything that went on in the Plymouth Colony and how history lies to us about relations between the white men and the Native Americans. The Boston Globe raves "Gripping...a fascinating story, and one Philbrick tells very well." This book was one of the top 10 best books of 2006 and rightfully so. The experience of reading this book is so real that it feels like you have been taken back and seeing this remarkable time period in person. You will be enlightened about the true Pilgrim's of America and the struggles they faced just to worship God as they pleased. This is a great book and one that I would strongly recommend to everyone I know.

I am the editor of my school newspaper and have been an amateur writer/photographer for several years.