Revelation (Private, Book 8) by Kate Brian | Teen Ink

Revelation (Private, Book 8) by Kate Brian

January 13, 2009
By lostinsadie PLATINUM, Dexter, Michigan
lostinsadie PLATINUM, Dexter, Michigan
21 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Poetry should not mean, but be." UNKNOWN


Would you risk everything to learn the truth? In Revelation by Kate Brian, a riveting realistic fiction, Reed Brennan has it all: a member of the prestigious Billings House, the perfect boyfriend, but as any girl at Easton Academy knows, if you think you have it all, be prepared to lose it. And Reed does. Badly.

Revelation follows Reed as she seeks to get back what she lost. As long as she doesn’t lose her mind first. Her classmates skirt around her, no eye contact necessary. Everyone knows what they’re thinking: “Reed is guilty.” . . . but for what? Reed is determined to clear her name, no matter what is costs. But her quest for justice only uncovers more of her memories she’d rather forget. No one is who they seem. And death is a high price to pay for someone so broken, they don’t know what is feels like to be healed.

Recommended for ages 12 and up due to some mature language and subject matter, Revelation takes you on the ride of your life. With so many twists and turns, you’ll never know what direction it’ll take next. Brian uses descriptive dialogue and in-depth description. For instance, she describes objects as simple as a flower, vividly, to paint such a picture in the reader’s mind, you’d think you’re actually holding it. So strap in, bumpy roads are ahead. And each one’s juicier than before.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.