Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini | Teen Ink

Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini

By iceo585 SILVER, Auburn, New York
iceo585 SILVER, Auburn, New York
5 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"People may hate you for being different and not living by society's standards, but deep down, they wish they had the courage to do the same." - Kevin Hart

Be More Chill

In Be More Chill Jeremy Heere is the stereotypical high school dork. He loves plays and he constantly stares at the girl of his dreams Christine, the girl that will never notice him. This book is written into 3 parts, Pre-squip, squip, and post-squip.

Pre-Squip

He uses “ humiliation sheets” which are these papers he fills out when he gets made fun of. They could be for a refusal to laugh at a joke or a snotty comment. This is all until his bully named Rich tells him about a “squip” which is a computerized microchip that gets implanted into your brain and helps you achieve any goal that you every wanted.

Squip

When he finally gets his squip his goal is to literally be more chill. The first day he gets his it helps him get a ride home from the coolest and hottest girls in school. He gets the first of many things while he has his but he soon realizes that maybe the squip isn’t everything it is cracked out to be. He realizes this when his new friend Rich gets burned in a house party that they went to. His squip wasn’t on because you have to turn it off while using mind altering substances or it could tell you to do some pretty crazy things.

Post-Squip

During this very short section of the book he drinks Mtn. Dew Code Red, which happens to be the automatic off switch for the squip, which will wipe it out of your brain. Also there is a hidden surprise that the author does to finish off this amazing Novel.

I really enjoyed writing this piece