Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard | Teen Ink

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

By ChasityTaylor SILVER, Denham Springs, Louisiana
ChasityTaylor SILVER, Denham Springs, Louisiana

"In terms of noodles, all bets on Trump."- my very strange friends

"There's something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia....
Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family as fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walkers by. But this is nothing compared to what she's just read in the newspaper—
The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.
And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor...from her brother.
Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she'll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including the maddeningly stubborn yet handsome Daniel, the situation becomes dire. An now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance."
OMG THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!!! Susan Dennard is wonderful. she wrote the character Daniel PERFECTLY. I wish he was real. But anyway now on to the plot. Zombies are attacking Philadelphia. What more do you want. that plot in its self is just epic. Through in amazing characters, cool action, and my favorite Daniel, and you have the perfect book. this is a book for everybody. Boy, Girl, donkey, it doesn't matter. the girls can get in with the romance, as to the guys can get into the action, and who doesn't like zombies? and the donkey would probably eat the book, so he'll get a good meal. (Keep the book away from the donkey) Ok and now the characters. Eleanor is a strong character. She doesn't care what 19th century society thinks, she'll do what ever it takes to get her brother back. if it means dressing up like a boy, she'll do it. If it means blowing up a factory, she'll do it. Nothing and no one is getting in her way. Then there's Joseph he is just a kick butt character. He single handily killed hundreds of controlled, and hungry zombies. and he's elegant. How bout Jie. She's just your typical Chinese girl who dresses like a boy, so she can be free to be with the Spirit-Hunters. She's always fighting the dead right there beside the guys. Last BUT DEFANANTLY NOT LEAST is Daniel. What more do I have to say. He's written so perfectly that I can't even describe how. You'd have to read it to understand. I give this book a 5/5 rating, if you haven't noticed. I love this book lol. So GO READ IT!!! You wont regret it.

You'll love it!!!!!!!! All three books are out now!! @RobotPenn.

RobotPenn. SILVER, El Paso, Texas

"Profound change is cumulative."

Zombies! I'm definitely checking this out the next time I'm at the library.