Catching Fire | Teen Ink

Catching Fire

By Rebecca McGraw BRONZE, Martins Ferry, Ohio
Rebecca McGraw BRONZE, Martins Ferry, Ohio

The series has three books. They are named The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, an Mockingjay. The first book was a very interesting book and wants you to read more. Catching Fire, (the second book) is also a very good book that will make you want to read on. Mockingjay, (the third book) gives a plot twist that you will never want to take your eyes off the pages. The books keep you in suspense the whole time. These books are most likely going to be your favorite books of all time because they are mine. My favorite out of the three books would have to be Catching Fire. It is a great book and I love to read it.
Catching Fire keeps you on the edge the whole way through the book. I loved this book more than any other book I have ever read. It has you feeling like you are actually going through what the people in the book are going through. This book is most like an action type book and it has some romance in there. This is a very good book and the author had put a great amount of detail in it. I couldn’t wait to read Mockingjay. The books are amazing and you would love to read them. Even if you don’t like reading you will enjoy reading these books so much that you don’t even want to put the book down.
In the book Catching Fire, Katniss Everdeen has just finished the 74th Hunger Games with Peeta Mellark. They had just made it back to district 12 and seen their families. Now, they must go on their Victory Tour. It isn’t going to be any normal Victory Tour for Katniss Everdeen “The girl on fire” President Snow has a surprise on this trip for her. Katniss and Peeta must make it through this Victory Tour. They get back to district 12 and everything has changed and Gale also has a surprise waiting up his sleeve. Katniss and Peeta finish their victory tour and head back to district 12. Little did she know a lot has changed.
Katniss and Peeta soon with the year almost to come back to the 75th Hunger Games. The twist in this Quarter Quell is that the tributes will be pulled by the existing pool of victors. What this means is that Katniss is going back into the games. Back in the games Katniss goes, before she knows it she’s back on the train to the capital to be back into the Hunger Games. She soon remembered who the real enemy was.
These books are great to people who love to read action and romantic books. These books will keep you on the edge of your seat through all the books. These books are very interesting and they are very exciting. They have a lot of plot twists and lots of romantic parts. This book is a great book and I would highly recommend it. I would recommend it to everyone and parents say that it is a bad thing for your kids, but it’s really not. I love the Hunger Games series and I would read them over and over again. I would never get bored of these books. The books are very amazing with all the detail and you would miss out on a lot if you wouldn’t read them. You need to read them in order though or they won’t make sense.